ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this serves two purposes. One is to show the length of the Copper NGK ZFR6F-11 next to a stock PFR6B-11B, and a Bosch copper equivilent. As you can see, the ZFR is almost the same length as the PFR, both much longer than the Bosch(or any other stock replacement).

The second purpose is to get some info. My car had been running great after doing the injectors and other little stuff. It took awhile to get the car started, but once it was running, it sounded GREAT. Just before Christmas the idle jumped up a bit, but otherwise ran great. My Christmas present was an Ashspec ECU. Ash said that I'd be fine running his program with my blown/siezed(whatever is wrong) turbos. Well, my guess is that I'm not fine running it. After driving the Z for maybe 2 or 3 days with the Ash ECU, my idle then turned into a bad hesitation. Then when I started checking everything, I couldn't get it started again. Pulled the plugs, cleaned them, checked to make sure my coilpacks were working, adjusted my TPS, cleaned the TB's, etc etc. Now it was starting up instantly, but sounded like a vacuum leak or something, wasn't running right at all. So... I'm wondering, based on my spark plugs, and that I had just upgraded the ECU, does it look like I'm running too rich with the Ashspec and fouling my plugs?

I'm asked/received my original EPROM back with the upgrade, so I'm going to swap back to stock, and throw the NGK Coppers in there. Hopefully it will be running again.

For reference: Left is Bosch Copper plug(found in the engine when I bought the car), middle is NGK ZFR6F-11 copper equivilent of th right, PFR6B-11B double platinums.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
better comparison ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.