ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so got some new plugs and thinking about getting new wires. NGK plugs- i heard there was a special way to pug plugs in on my car. Help me out.

NGK Wires- do i really need them? will they add that much more besides look to my power/MPG??

1985 300zx 240TB intake on the way

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
no special way, just a pain in the butt way. dont forget to put the appropriate lubricant on the spark plug threads . they usually sell it in tiny packets at the auto store where I go. anyway, your Z should have a special tool to use to put the plugs in and pull them out. it should be under your mat in the back of your car, located in the tool box. it will look like a small pole and have a hole going through it at the top for another smaller pole which you use to twist the spark plug in/out. Its hard to describe, but if you go look in the back of your Z and find it youll know what Im talkin about.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
ok so got some new plugs and thinking about getting new wires. NGK plugs- i heard there was a special way to pug plugs in on my car. Help me out.

NGK Wires- do i really need them? will they add that much more besides look to my power/MPG??

Don't be afraid to move something if it's in the way e.g. the accelerator cable bracket. Clean the area out around the threads in the heads with compressed air. NGK wires are great and not much more expensive (if at all) than cheap wires. I get them for 27 bux from [email protected]. I'm sure you can get them around that price at a few other places although some stores charge upwards of 40 bux.

·
Registered
540 Posts
vacumn the plug area b 4 u take out the plugs.i have found all sorts of stuff down there. the last thing u want is to have something fall into the cyl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.