ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1980 280ZX. I need a spare tire. I have the original rotted tire and rim. I would like to know what others are using since I assume the original tires are no longer available. Can a standard tire be mounted on the original spare rim? Also, if using a full size tire how is it being secured?

·
Registered
715 Posts
The original spare is an inflatable compact spare. If you look around you can probably find one and an inflation bottle. There is no room for a full tire and wheel.

·
Registered
641 Posts
1980 280ZX. I need a spare tire. I have the original rotted tire and rim. I would like to know what others are using since I assume the original tires are no longer available. Can a standard tire be mounted on the original spare rim? Also, if using a full size tire how is it being secured?
The below thread will have all the info you need. Basically you get a donut spare from a Maxima and it will fit in the wheel well of a 280z (and assuming a 280zx as well): https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/61903-280z-space-saver-spare-tire-replacement/?tab=comments#comment-572102

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wonder:

Has anyone found a "skinny" spare with the Z bolt pattern, that has a service (outside) diameter between 24 and 25"?

Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, well....

I re-read that post, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't.

First, a "skinny" spare rides a 3" rim.

Second, C.O.'s 14" wheel solution was clearly a ways away from a 24"+ dia.

The Quest goes on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts