ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is.Every once in a while when I let the car sit it wont start again. But I found out that if I take a wire and connect it from the positive on the battery to the resistor block just below the coil that takes care of the problem. I dont have to leave it there all I have to do is touch it real quick and that takes care of it. What is between the positive lead of the batt and the positive side of the coil that would kill the spark to the coil? I thought it may be a short in the wiring however once it is started it runs fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Craig

·
Registered
529 Posts
I need to look at a wiring diagram to bee sure, but here it goes. The wire that powers the coil starts from the ign switch, to the balast resistor, then through the tach, and then to the coil. I hope I'm not wrong on this, please, anyone correct me if I am. So, check all of the connections. A lot of times the connectors at the balast resistor become corroded. Also, the balast resistor itself may have taken a dump. Check that you are getting power at the coil. If not, I recomend a new resistor and connectors. Also, check to make sure that the ign. switch is OK. BTW, is this a 240, 260, or 280Z? Let us know what you find. Good luck...

Ian

> Ok here it is.Every once in a while when I
> let the car sit it wont start again. But I
> found out that if I take a wire and connect
> it from the positive on the battery to the
> resistor block just below the coil that
> takes care of the problem. I dont have to
> leave it there all I have to do is touch it
> real quick and that takes care of it. What
> is between the positive lead of the batt and
> the positive side of the coil that would
> kill the spark to the coil? I thought it may