ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just visited a web site for the saleen mustangs and the 1998 s281 can produce up to 350hp this particular car was a convertable and his plate read SLN SVT. Many of you are correct I can't confirm that mustangs true status.

Here is another story awaiting comment:
my friend also had a hopped up motor job done to his 87 300zx he had a set of cams, full port and polish and shaved head, rebuilt and balanced bottom end with flat tops, headers, free flow cat and exhaust 21/2 computer upgrade, centerforce clutch high flow intake. we raced earlier in the year and he blew away an 84 turbo 300. Well we raced on several occasions and I can easily get 8-10 car lengths in front of him by the time I shift to 3rd. Please belive it, he still can't and his motor was built by the same man. and our mechanic has 20+ years racing experience with datsuns and even he could not believe it till he saw it for him self. So lets hear the comments. And I would be glad to race other z's even turbos! any time! I love all Z's!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Could you clarify that for us? (more)

Ok, i understand your buddy has an 87 300ZX and just tuned the motor.
What follows is what confuses me. Did you race against him? If you did race against him and beat him by many car lengths, what kind of car are you driving? I'm very interested in your story.
Chris

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Could you clarify that for us? (more)

> Ok, i understand your buddy has an 87 300ZX
> and just tuned the motor.
> What follows is what confuses me. Did you
> race against him? If you did race against
> him and beat him by many car lengths, what
> kind of car are you driving? I'm very
> interested in your story.
> Chris
I see by all the posts that my last message got people all excited about the Saleen race. It was a drag race and a drag race at speed 100mph then raced get it? We were over 200kph in an 80 zone at times. The 300zx was heavily modified and we are friends and so have drag raced many times 0-100 and 120 and up and I can easily beat him anytime. My Z is a 78 280 and you can read about it here under (Ultimate Z?) my first message. Sorry to be abrupt but it is quiting time. I'll be back tommorow and Sunday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.