ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys are vets? I am a Vietnam Vet 70-71 and retired from Navy. I was in Japan in part of that and saw the Fairlady while at MCAS Iwakuni, Marine Corps Air Station. Love at first bite... Any stories? Email me..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Naval Aviator, 10 yrs.

> No wartime for me however, spent Desert Storm in Hawaii flying JCS airborne alert, fighting the evil empire, then 3 deployments to Antarctica.

Fly Delta.
Mike Golding, 72
Atlanta
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> How many of you guys are vets? I am a
> Vietnam Vet 70-71 and retired
> from Navy. I was in Japan in part of that
> and saw the Fairlady while at MCAS Iwakuni,
> Marine Corps Air Station. Love at first
> bite... Any stories? Email me..

17 months in Sunny South East Asia - Long Bin - helicopter maitenance...baling wire and bubble gum :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> How many of you guys are vets? I am a
> Vietnam Vet 70-71 and retired
> from Navy. I was in Japan in part of that
> and saw the Fairlady while at MCAS Iwakuni,
> Marine Corps Air Station. Love at first
> bite... Any stories? Email me..
US Army parachute rigger 1960-1982. France 63 Germany 64 Nam 68-69.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: S/Sgt., 5th SFG,1170 days in-country

> US Army parachute rigger 1960-1982. France
> 63 Germany 64 Nam 68-69.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
3 1/2 years in AF and 16 as Army brat!!

I spent 3 1/2 years in the Air Force stationed at No Hope Pope AFB in Fayetenam N.C. C-130 Instrument-Autopilot Tech, Sept 86-Jan 90. Army brat 67-83 spent 3 years in Giessen,Germany;LOVE that autobahn...dad blew up three engines!!! Later,norm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
> How many of you guys are vets? I am a
> Vietnam Vet 70-71 and retired
> from Navy. I was in Japan in part of that
> and saw the Fairlady while at MCAS Iwakuni,
> Marine Corps Air Station. Love at first
> bite... Any stories? Email me..

3 years US Army Security Agency, '55-'58. 20 months in Germany as a Russian Linguist spying on the Russkys, great duty! Stationed for a while near Stuttgart where Porsche tested cars on the autobahn because they didn't have a test track. Looks like I'm probably older (62) than Grandpa Joe by a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
> 3 years US Army Security Agency, '55-'58. 20
> months in Germany as a Russian Linguist
> spying on the Russkys, great duty! Stationed
> for a while near Stuttgart where Porsche
> tested cars on the autobahn because they
> didn't have a test track. Looks like I'm
> probably older (62) than Grandpa Joe by a
> bit.

All of you guys are my forefathers, and I salute each and every one of you. I'm in the Army right now, stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA, PFC, records specialist...I want to take this time to thank all of you for paving the way for young soldiers like myself. Although, I'm not planning on re-enlisting, I am very proud to have served in the Army.
MADDOGS!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
Retired Naval Aviator

Active duty Naval Aviator from '71-78, then active in reserves from 79 until retiring in 94.
Drove my first Z ('71 240) in '72 i Pensacola, Fl.. Mustard yellow with black interior - belonged to my best man and a fellow NA. Loved them, and my wife, ever since.
Phantom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Was Phantom your call sign in the navy?

> Active duty Naval Aviator from '71-78, then
> active in reserves from 79 until retiring in
> 94.
> Drove my first Z ('71 240) in '72 i
> Pensacola, Fl.. Mustard yellow with black
> interior - belonged to my best man and a
> fellow NA. Loved them, and my wife, ever
> since.
> Phantom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
> 17 months in Sunny South East Asia - Long
> Bin - helicopter maitenance...baling wire
> and bubble gum :)
One year in Japan 72-73 as an air-evac medic (56th Aeromedical Evacuation Sq.) flying C-141's to Travis and Elmendorf(sp?). Almost reinlisted in 74 to buy a Z but couldn't stand return to GI mentality (haircuts etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RE:no Nam.. Bosnia

Too young for that, and the wrong country as well.
Served Swedish Army '93-94, Un forces in Bosnia '94-95 later on changed to IFOR under NATO command, came home december 1995.
We didn't have a joyride eiter.
Regards Marten C
Sweden
(Nordbat BA03 & BA04,Swebat BA05)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top