ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i beleive my head gaskets are going the guy that i bought it from sayed they were done "2 months before i bought the car", the car was burning a little bit of oil when i got it, it dosent burn a lot of oil just a little, when i went to flush my radiator i found oil in the coolent system, but any ways dose anyone have anyways of slowing down the head gaskets going

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure about oil in the coolant but check your oil and if there is any coolant in there the head is most likely already cracked way past a blown gasket

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you had a blown head gasket you wouldn't necessarily burn oil. You'd be burning anti-freeze and getting a whitish exhaust. Burning oil comes from poor cylinder compression (weak piston rings allowing oil to blow by) or leaking valve seals. The oil in the radiator would be an indication that you have a blown head gasket. Or the guy you got it from didn't flush the radiator/cooling system when the head gaskets were done. He may have reused the anti-freeze. Try checking cylinder compression and look at the spark plugs. They can tell you alot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope it is a head gasket there is coolent in my oil now
f***n car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.