ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sometimes I hate car clubs....

1K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Unknown User 
#1 ·
Well I just came from the gym and passed a car club that was hanging out at Don Olson Tire ( wow weee) They were all F body cars or Chevy cars. I kno a couple people who hang out there. Of course my one friend wasn't there that I work with. So I parked and got out. Some fat short Porta Rican came up tp me and said" You have to park around back , only F body cars are alllowed to park here." I said " What!" Just like Steve Austin (WWF) . And he said it again. I said" I'm only going to be here for a few minutes." He said " no really....Fbody cars only ." Well me being 5' 9" and 200 pounds of muscle said " You want me to move ...move me ." And he backed up and said" ok fine , no trouble here." Too bad..my car could whip half the cars in the lot. Who cares who drives what.Well I guess I willl never go up there where those jerk offs hang out. I just go to the gym and go home.KIRK

#10 ·
not being racial

First I want every one to know I'm not being ratio when I called that guy Porta Rican but I call it as I see it, that is what he is. So I will call him Pedro instead. I'm guessing from the one responce I got that that was a Porta Rican . The funny thing is that 2 week prior to this that same person , Pedro , asked me where he could get a conversion kit so he could put a 350 in a ...get this... a Z car. Some F body person this is. So Pedro has a nerve to tell me I can't park next to a piece of crap F body after asking me for info 350 conversions. Gee I would want to disturb the F body pissing ground. Yeah he showed a lot of class there...... F means F as in Failed. KIRK

#11 ·
Re: not being racial

F-body cars are cool too just like Z's. But you should have been able to park right next to any of their so called classics. The z car is a true classic, especially the 240's and they should be able to take their rightful place next to any American classic. I've been to many classic car shows and there always seems to be a few Zcars which always seem to draw a crowd. As that dumb ass Rodney King once said "can't we all just get along?"

#13 ·
Stop and think

Did you ever stop to think that there is a REASON he said you couldn't park there??? You said it was a car club. Maybe they were having a car show and they had reserved that part of the parking lot. That's what my car club has done in the past. I think you handled the situation in a very immature manner. I think the "Puerto Rican" showed more class. But then again, neither of you thought to question the others viewpoint. The fact that he backed off tells me he was in the right. Because of this, I am now ashamed to be called a Z owner. We have too much of a problem with all the **** ricers to be turning on other real sports car enthusiasts.

To all of you bashing the F-body:
The F-body is a great American tradition and is the BEST at what it does: straight line acceleration at low cost. To tell you the truth, I'd rather have a Trans Am than my Z. My Z just kind of fell on me and that's the only reason I have it. I appreciate it enough, though, to treat it well and refrain from going to all the F-body forums and scream "Z's suck!" If I could afford a new car, I'd have a Trans Am WS6. The Z would probably be a daily driver, a project car or for sale. I think it's hilarious how owners of cars that are notorious for rust can call the F-body a piece of crap. I think there's a phrase about a pot and kettle that applies here.

Bottom line: Z's are great. F-bodies are great. Grow up.

**climbs down off of soapbox**

E

#14 ·
Re: Stop and think

at low cost???? they are dropping the f-body because sales are crap! you know why sales are crap? they are wanting waay too much for a piece of crap nowadays. i don't mean the older ones, but from 96 up they feel hollow and plastic when you're drivin them. they wanna give you a yugo when you're payin for a benz......ya weenie

#15 ·
BigE you are the reason...

Your type are the reason that z cars are not (reallypopular) among classic car owners. You own one yet you do not much care about it. Which then meens you dont take super good care of it. That leads to it looking not so great. You should sell it to someone who will restore it and treasure it. The only way zs are going to survive is by getting owners who give a **** and want to own one more than any other car and not just treat it as a second rate daily driver.

This is just my opinion

#17 ·
Re: BigE you are the reason...

Haha. Well, silver, you are entitled to your opinion, but I think you've got it backwards. People like me are the ones who appreciate *all* types of sports cars. I care about my Z. It wasn't what I wanted and I happened upon it by accident, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about it. I care about it very much because it's a sports car and it's mine. The paint is knicked from thousands of miles on the road and I still get on people's cases for setting stuff on my car or leaning against it. I'd love to drop a built L28T in it and go surprise of few people. The reason I posted that I'd rather have a Trans Am is so that people would see that you need not segregate your love for cars. To tell you the truth, I'd like to have about one of each of them, but I'm not Bill Gates quite yet. I can and do enjoy all types of cars. I just thought it was very close minded of the topic-poster to assume that the guy was being an a$$ to him. I found his attitude to be like many of the ricers I encounter. I would like to think it's an isolated incident and that he and his neighbors with F-bodies (and other sports cars, for that matter) can get along based on a mutual respect for each others car.

I will admit that my Z is not in top condition. I wish I had the money to put in it, but annoying little things like food and shelter come first. It is in EXCELLENT running condition, though. The body is average, but I keep the running gear in excellent shape. When I get the money, I may restore it. I may turn it into a racer like I said. I may even sell it and get a turbo rather than converting the one I have.

At any rate, I have an appreciation for all sports cars. I've had a wrench in my hand ever since I was 5 (yes, I started working on cars when I was 5). I wish everyone could have the experience I've had. You look at cars (and life, in general) differently when you have to make do with what you have. I've done what I could with my Z and it still runs like a top after ***253,000 miles***! So my Z is not a second rate daily driver. It's a first rate daily driver!

E

#18 ·
Ok, here's my 2 cents. This is my first Z and love it. 83 zx. I had a friend with a camaro, and myself owned a mustang. Both were fast, but just not tight. Everything rattled, things fell apart and leaked all the time. In my opinion, american car builders spend all there time putting big engines in bodies that fall apart. Not to mention all the plastic they build with. Before my Z, I while back, I owned an old datsun B210, and even though it was an economy car, it held together better than any of the american cars I've ever owned. (Until I fell asleep on the freeway and rolled it.) it had 240K miles on it....Not to dog America, as I am a proud american, but I think foreign cars are built better.

P.S. What do you think the recall ratio of american cars to foreign ones has been lately?

#19 ·

$22,000 is hardly Benz territory. The reason the F-body is not selling is that GM didn't sell out like the Mustang. The F-body is no compromise performance. In this age of SUV's and minivans, there isn't a large market for no compromise performance. Look at the Viper. It's a no compromise car, but people pay up tp $100,000 for one. I know people dusting Vipers with less than $35,000 in the car including the price of the car! But look at the numbers of the Viper. Very few are made. If GM sold all of it's F-bodies for $100,000, they'd be rich! I'm not suggesting that they do because the F-body is supposed to be performance at a low cost.

Point is F-bodies are perfect for what they are (low buck performance machines).

P.S. Be sure and look out in 2005. ; )

E

#20 ·
well, my Z isn't tight either. It's an old car and I realize that. I've seen some Camaros and Mustangs that rattle. I've seen several that don't. Personally, I don't really care. If the interior is decently comfortable and it's fast, then I'm in!

E

#21 ·
"Muscle" -vs- "Sports"

Big E, at least you realize that F-Bodies are Muscle cars. Designed for straightline performance.
I would say, though, that the guy was more of an Intimidator, trying to take his turf, rather than a "Car Clubber".
When we get a parking lot, we cone it, or tape it off, and have people who monitor the entrance. Signs are posted. When you all gather an intimidate others from parking there, that's a gang, not a car club.

I must admit, too, that people who associate in Domestic Muscle Circles seem to really thrive on the intimidation factor, and seem really threataned when ANYTHING imported shows up. Xenophobic, some may even say.
I know what I speak of, I grew up in Michigan, and let me tell you, if a guy showed up at a Camaro meet with a Toyota Celica, chances are it would get keyed, or used for sledgehammer practice.
Seems guys that have imports at least TOLERATE and EMBRACE domestics that show up, even if they don't RESPECT them. Domestic drivers just seem a little more Thuggish and paraniod. I think it has something to do with the size of their ....

#22 ·

the car club doesnt own that parking lot. what do you think parking lots
are for? gee.. parking cars? I think he was just trying to be a hard ass macho
trying to push people around. That night he picked on the wrong person

#23 ·
Re: "Muscle" -vs- "Sports"

Tony,
I have no idea where you live but it must be in ferry dream land. I have been to a couple car shows in the DFW area, Seattle, and Minneapolis. Most of them were domestic car shows. No one there had anything bad to say about imports. The few import shows I have been to were the same, not much bashing of domestics. You act like people who buy domestics are totally different than the ones who buy imports. In reality they are the SAME type of people. For every domestic owner I have heard talking stuff, there are at least as many import owners doing the same. I would say that you are the one who seems threatened by the domestics and not the other way around.

One last thing, F-bodies are pony cars, not muscle cars. They are made to handle well, although it is not their primary focus. Look at the Mustang Cobra, it has IRS, huge brakes, and great weight distribution. It handles VERY well.

Kyle

#24 ·
I told you where...

Lets' see, a 1980 Toyota Corona put in the center of the parking lot and you paid $5 for five swings with the Sledgehammer of your choice. They had them in ranges of 5-20#. They even had a custom 3# sledgehammer painted pink, that ladies could swing for free one time. After that, they had to pay like everybody else.

Hmmmmmm, lets' see. Parked in a lot, my Brother's Honda Civic is keyed with 23 different marks, from the hood to the trunk (We called it "Michigan Pinstriping") when he parked between two Camaros in a lot outside CoboArena. A line of 13 Camaros, all with the same plate frame, too BTW. Oh yeah, and the nicest pinstripe read "JAP CRAP".

Yeah, ferry land.

The distinction between muscle and pony is irrelevant here, and merely a semantics game. You will note above the post I was responding to referred to a Mustang as a "sell out" because they decided to shy away from pure straightline performance to build a more mature and balanced handling chassis. I don't know where you come up with this stuff. I am not domestic-phobic. I just think comparatively, they are crap. You want to spend money and buy one. Fine. If I were to buy a Domestic car, I would buy a Mustang V6 IF it were available with GM's 3800 supercharged or not. The Mustang V6 is much more balanced than the 4.6. Turns in crisper and handles better than the base 4.6. I actually like the Mustang, it's chassis is very rigid. I was Impressed by the Pontiac Grand Prix (wider IS better) and it's torsional rigidity. Ford's V6 has come a LONG was from a few years ago, but can't hold a candle to GM's! But then again, I'd have to content myself with worrying about if it was a monday or friday car. If it waas made during a contract negotiation, wether the guys installing the dash wanted to play tricks and put ball bearings in something for an annoying rattle...
Hey, I LIKE going back to the dealer six times to get the heater or air conditioner working....
No, I like my Nissan Crew Cab. 36,000 miles, and the only thing broken or not working was the rear door handle finisher that my kid brok jerking on it as he fell out the door. And that was replaced under warranty.
Domestics have come a long way, but they still got waaay to many problems for me to spend my money on them. Before you talk out your a$$ about me, know where I come from, or at least read the post a few times so you can answer your own questions!

#25 ·
Re: I told you where...

one of the main things i see that i do not like about domestics(AND some imports) is some companies have no faith in their own product. ALL domestics only come with a 3 year, 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, while many imports are thrashing that figure to shame. for example, ALL new VW's come with 10 year, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper. now that's faith. let's see most domestics even hold up that long in proper working order! it's time for them to prove to us and themselves if they really have a quality product. the only reason they are not being forced by us to revamp their warranties is because there are so many schmucks out there that will only buy domestics, they are keeping some of their sales afloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.