ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New car payments are around $299 - $499 and much higher and they can stretch them out for up 72 months. If I spent $300 a month on my 75 280Z for 2 or 3 years I think I would have a lot better car than what they are putting on the streets now days. And I'd have a **** of a nice ride. and I wouldn't have to worry about qualifying for the loan.
Would'nt every one agree?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've actually been thinking of getting rid of my '97 Chevy($400 over 72months) just to have the extra money for my Z. It's feeling deprived.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
> I've actually been thinking of getting rid
> of my '97 Chevy($400 over 72months) just to
> have the extra money for my Z. It's feeling
> deprived.
Good lord man, What I could do to Z for $28,800.
I made up a wish list that I would like to do and what needs to be done to my Z and together it only came to just under $11,000 and when done I could almost be guarantied of not seeing someone in a car just like it. When was the last time you were in your chevy and someone said nice truck or gave you a thumbs up while you were at a light? I know at least a couple times a week I see someone turning their head to get a another look at my Z. I would lose the truck and pamper your Z (nice Pics ).
Rob,

·
Registered
804 Posts
Actually, I'm about to get my own business started and I need the truck. Besides, I do get compliments on my truck now and then. Especially at the car wash. If you only knew how comfortable it is inside. I've figured something out though. If I work an additional 10 hours a week that would be an added $600 a month after taxes that I can spend on my Z. Now if I could only figure out how to find the time to use the money for the pamperless Z. :)~

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Something else to consider: When you purchase a new car you get a new car with no problems and modern luxuries(A/C, power windows etc). You get to drive this car for many years and with a little preventitive maintanence it will last you a long time.
When you buy an older car you have to put money into it and it spends a lot of time at the shop or being worked on in your driveway. After many years of working on it you finally have a nice car but not til after years of working on it.
A new car is nice from day 1.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you only knew
> how comfortable it is inside.
I agree, My Wife had a newer Suburban until about a year ago and it was the most comfort I have ever found in a vehicle.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to argue Dave, But

A lot of us really enjoy tinkering on our Z-cars, I do at least. It makes me feel good knowing that I do the work on my car and I don't have to have a wall of test equipment to tell me whats wrong if something should happen with it. As far as all the luxuries go, I have A/C and I rarely use it (only when raining). I see no use for any of the other so called luxuries in a sports car. Now about shop time, I have a 75 280 Z my in-laws have a 95 Cadillac sedan dewhatever with all the bells and whistles, In the almost 4 an1/2 years that they have had it, It has been in the shop way more than my Z (my Z was fixed im my driveway in a hour or so.And it was always preventitive maintnance).The only shop my car has been in in the last year was a tire shop. I would also like to add that having driven both cars, I enjoy my Z 1000 times more.And how many 75 Caddys do you see on the road that are still capable of doing 100mph plus? > Something else to consider: When you
> purchase a new car you get a new car with no
> problems and modern luxuries(A/C, power
> windows etc). You get to drive this car for
> many years and with a little preventitive
> maintanence it will last you a long time.
> When you buy an older car you have to put
> money into it and it spends a lot of time at
> the shop or being worked on in your
> driveway. After many years of working on it
> you finally have a nice car but not til
> after years of working on it.
> A new car is nice from day 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.