ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if its just me or does it happen to everyone everywhere but ive been stoped by the most random people and i mean random in strange places and just talked for hours and even became friends with them. but its like once you've owned a z u have to go up and talk to someone who has one if not to just pass on some little facts that you have learned then just to talk. ive only owned my z for about a year and a half and have lived in 3 diff states and already cant even count how many times ive be stopped by girls bums and even cops.
so is it just me or does it happen to everyone?
and one cop told me as i explained this to him "once u drive a z u just cant drive anything else."

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
In the last year I have:

1. Talked Z with a security guard who faked pulling me over and really wanted talk about an 86T he used to have.

and

2. Talked Z with a cop as he was writing me a ticket (*******!) and asking all sorts of questions about what I had done so far and how long I had owned my Z.

and

3. Talked hours of Z with my bosses bosses boss who owns like 8 Z's.

and

4. Talked Z with numerous clients through my work, many who owned z31's and previous year Z's in their younger years.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
There are 2 maintenance guys here at the apt complex I live in and both have stopped by to comment on my 85 and 77 when I was out there working on them. They didn't have much to say about the 91 Eclipse though :)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I get that alot too boomboom74, what I thought was even more interesting personally is that my girlfriends grandfather used to own a 240z and we even talk for ages about Z's. One thing about Z's in particular is that alot of older people respect them even more so than anyone else because Z car's would of been the bee's knees back in their time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i stopped to talk to one guy in an 85na the other day at a stop light. he said it was the 4th z he had owned. i told him i was looking to sell my 86na to buy a 280z or 240z. his only reply was "280z? 240z? you must mean a 240sx, they never made a 240z!"... at which time i quietly rolled the window up, looked straight ahead, and waited for the light to turn green.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I amazed how often someone will come up to me and my Z, and say somthing along the lines of "I used to have a (fill in the blank) Z" or my friend had one. pretty much every car guy I know has a story involving a Z. God I love these cars.

----------
1984 300ZX Turbo Anniversary Edition

·
Registered
133 Posts
The day after i got my Z i had it parked in the garage and was fixing it up. The guy who reads the water meters was walking past my driveway and goes "is that an 88 Z?" and even though it is the biggest piece of crap Z you ever saw we had a 15 minute comversation about how he used to have the same car, only a 2 seater.
Then I was at the gas station and some old guy goes up to me and is like "i remember when i got my '87 ZX" i was sorta amazed at how many people will just come up to me and start talking to me about the Z, theres been like 5 times its happened and ive only owned my Z since summer.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Get use to it. As long as you own your Z, it will continue to happen.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You gotta love it!

... but most of the time I get "Nice car mate... what is it?!?"

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
since my car has a different color hood and bumper because it was crashed, people usually give me more of a look of pity than a look of interest...

oh well, soon enough I'll paint the **** thing, its just that I want it to go fast before I care how it looks

·
Registered
559 Posts
i had a gothic girl say "bitchin' porsche!" when i was getting in my 79...
it was awesome.

i want to get another z31.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with everyone I get the same thing all the time.. Shoot when it comes to Nissan period. I also get lots of complements on my '89 Maxima as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 80 year old woman staring at my Z and I thought she droped something under it so I asked her if i could help her and she said she was just trying to figure out what kind of car it was because she had never seen such a beautiful car before.
I have owned so many nice high dollar car, but my 87 z is my favorite of them all. Its a sweet ride!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Once while pulling into a parking lot I had a security guard come up to me and say "You got to sell me your car" and I replied with a "not a chance". Then he says "I'll give you $3000 for it". Since I only paid $1500 for it all that I could do is stare at the guy. He finally said "well if you change your mind let me know" and walked away. I was stunned because it isn't in the best shape, but runs and sounds great.

Fozzy

87 300zx NA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.