ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you guys are soooo lucky! I hear about how you guys are buying tip top shaped Z's for like 1000 or a little bit more! I'm jealous lol. HEre in Illinois I'll be lucky to spot another ZX for sale under 2000 that isn't a peice of crap. Where do most of you live anyway, so I know where to look if I want to get another one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Stop your crying you can do the same thing you just need to know how, you find the car you want on line and either get it shipped or go pick it up if I was to find a car that was totally worth the money I would drive 3 to 4 states away to go get it!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Honestly there is a lot in Los Angeles California, I dont Know people seem to just keep there cars for like 3 years and then trade them in.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol 3 to 4 states! See, the biggest problem is that I would have to have someone come with me to do it! It's a major hassle in general...Also, a college student such as myself doesn't exactly have the money to pay for shipping fees (which I tried shipping a 280Z from CAlifornia and it was up in the 1000's EEEK) I've just decided to get outta the midwest and to some place nice and warm where the Z's like to roam :eek:P

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't over do it.. You are not going to find a Z in "Tip Top shape" for $1,000, anywhere unless it's a gift.. When you say tip top shape, to me that means the car is just as it was when new.. A new Z for $1,000? No, I don't think so.. The really mint low mile original cars are not low priced.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with RICHELIEU... you have to know someone or do some major shopping around good luck

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
cheap? I dont think so. Zs in good condition are easily 2000+ cars anywhere.

SF, Ca. $3500 - 78k

Post Edited (Sep 30, 9:52am)

·
Registered
958 Posts
holy crap. Nice deal on the SS IMO. Any tip top condition car will be fairly expensive.

Also, screw shipping. If its far away, fly out and drive the car home.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
heh, yes Im very lucky. I know that a good condition SS is worth 7,000+. I just had been trying to get the owner to sell me this car for 5 years and the owner had 4 cars and didnt really need this one, so there you have it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IdryFly, I'm about 15 mins north of St. Louis :eek:P In Troy. Let me rephrase tip top shape to, good enough shape where the car isn't hideous :eek:P Alot of the ones I've seen being sold in Good ole Illinois have a lot of wear and tear and people tend to price them pretty high for them. IMO it just seems easier to search for Z's in California, Florida and Texas...The post wasn't meant to be a "complaining" post because I love my Z and am fine with it. Just trying to let the guys, who managed to get a really good Z for a nice price, know how really fortunate they are.

·
Registered
793 Posts
SportdriverGT--Where are you from?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
San Francisco, Ca.

...but my car is locked up in a secure location 2 cities away so dont anyone think of trying to find it :p

Post Edited (Oct 1, 2:10pm)

·
Registered
297 Posts
keep watching craigslist.org and a deal will pop up

mine was $850 and i'm only about $1500 in total with a new tranny, driveshaft, short shifter, clutch, and brake work.

there's deals out there if you are patient and know what to look for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.