ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i have some kind of problem in my ignition system. my 86 N/A 300zx has lost so much power and it also rus very rough and therefore loud. it especially accelerates poorly from low rpm where, you can feel the engine almost misfiring. it is almost as if the spark is jumping elsewhere than to the plugs. all of my problems are exaggerated when it is humid or rainign outside...sometimes it is even hard to start. help me! ignition coil maybe? plugs, wires, distributor rotor and cap and so much other stuff.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If you haven't done so in a while, replace: distributor rotor, cap, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. Should help you out considerably.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
wait till dark then use a spray bottle set to mist, spritz the dist, coil and wires, while the car is running. if they're leaking current, you'll see fireworks.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It really REALLY sounds like you have at least one spark plug wire that is shorting out half way. This will create little burn/black marks on the spark plug wire that is shorting out early.

The advice given above is very good and if you have the money it wouldn't hurt to replace everything that domdogg mentioned anyway if you are unsure of the age of the parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.