Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering who's using solid engine mounts & if they've caused any problems...

Is it OK to install solid mounts on the engine and use stock mounts everywhere else?

Am I right in thinking aftermarket mounts for a Z32 VG30 could be used on a Z31?

Like these ones...

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50454&item=7981179841&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW>

Thanks for your help in advance...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks EastBay, I'm convinced, solid it is!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
if you want a compromise between solid and stock (most of the benefits of solid, less of the vibrations and harshness), Jason over at Z31.com has made poly engine mounts and is selling them for 110 shipped. I have a pair in my room and they look very professionally done. Im itching to install them. the few that have said they love them.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh man, now I cant decide...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are we talking about redz31.com Jason?

Edit:

Yes we are, I just saw a post about it and emailed him.
Thanks sportdriverGT.

Post Edited (Jun 16, 11:14am)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yep, I got a pair of Jason's motor mounts. I had one of my stock mounts that was broken, and I really didn't want to go solid becuase that puts lots of pressure on your other mounts.

Old and busted....:

New Hotness:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, How much of a difference did they make?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yeah give us a detailed report

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
well...considering that I went from only one (functional) motor mount to two almost solid polyurethane motor mounts, it feels much better. Throttle response is much quicker, and I always had a big clunk when I went over bumps before. There is a very very minimal increase in vibration throughout the car, but it is only barely noticible at idle. Definetly worth the money IMO.

On a side note: anyone interested in a stock drivers side motor mount?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
you should keep it, just in case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.