ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So, you think the GT-R is overpriced huh?

5K views 149 replies 35 participants last post by  txz082 
#1 ·
This should be somewhat eye opening for those that claim the GT-R is too expensive. It's a video of the assembly line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIh0WwFvEuI

The only time I have seen this kind of attention to detail on an assembly line is at a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lambo plant. It may be known that the engines and drivetrains are hand assembled but now it looks as though nearly the whole car is hand assembled. Add this to the world beating performance and the car becomes an absolute deal at $70k.

Brian

#4 ·
Seriously, and people who thinks it's too heavy is also pretty narrow minded. I went to the Boston Auto show today and finally saw the GT-R close up. Pretty **** small compared to the Challenger, and the Camaro. Those things are HUGE!

#5 ·
I saw it at the boston auto show too and I was pretty impressed with it. It was parked right next to a z and the size difference wasn't very much. Although, I have to say I was more impressed with the camaro and challenger than I was with the gtr. It was partly because the camaro and challenger were on raised spining platforms and the gtr was just parked on the floor but still, it just doesn't have the same appeal to it. But with 480 HP and 0-60 in the 3 second range, it is deffinately a steal at $70,000.

#7 ·
After cruising a few car lots and checking out (sticker shock) prices on everyday assembly line vehicles with too many options, I have to agree that the GT-R seems like a deal for someone with the moey to spend.

-Diesel 4x4 Ford F-350 dually for $54,600

-Lincoln Navigator for $61,400

-Honda minivan for $39,200

Yea, I guess the GTR is a deal.

#9 ·
honda mini van for 39,200 are you kidding me? are sure it's not 29,200?we have an 03 loaded and paid 28,000 before tax and license.wow cars are really climbing.i'm not sure if i'm one of theose guys that said it was overpriced.but i did say it looked like an overweight pig!but i guess since i haven't seen it in person and pictures do ad quite a few pounds.i'll just wait until i see it to really pass judgement.i will say i'll stand my ground on the whole looks apect.the lines could have been better.it's that whole chick comparison thing "i bet you wouldn't kick her out of bed would ya",well **** no!plus i don't believe it will be mass produced like the Z so that's kind of cool.you'd probably be one of the few in your town with one.

#12 ·
Nigel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Regardless of of how heavy it "looks," it still
> weighs 3800+ freaking pounds! That's heavy!
>
> Nigel
> '73 240ZT

The beefy rear transmission weighs 140kg alone! but its down at the bottom of the car.

#14 ·
LOL, yeah, I do!

You got to be a kid!
Change the car and that is a production line video of how cars were made in Detroit till the early/mid 70's.

Because they have an inefficient production process, it justifies an inflated price? Fanboys will loose all logic to justify their lusts for an overpriced, underperforming hog.

Take a look at the Corvette Production line in Bowling Green KY, and see a car made that outperforms the GT-R, is cheaper, lighter, and made in sufficient quantities that allow me to buy a drivetrain from a wrecked one and stuff it into whatever I want within a year from it's introduction.

#15 ·
Re: LOL, yeah, I do!

Tony D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You got to be a kid!
> Change the car and that is a production line video
> of how cars were made in Detroit till the
> early/mid 70's.
>
> Because they have an inefficient production
> process, it justifies an inflated price? Fanboys
> will loose all logic to justify their lusts for an
> overpriced, underperforming hog.
>
> Take a look at the Corvette Production line in
> Bowling Green KY, and see a car made that
> outperforms the GT-R, is cheaper, lighter, and
> made in sufficient quantities that allow me to buy
> a drivetrain from a wrecked one and stuff it into
> whatever I want within a year from it's
> introduction.

Cheaper and faster?I don't know about that, the GT-R performs on par with the 70k Z06.

Underperforming? Topgear tested the car and found it to be faster then a ferrari scuderia!!

#16 ·
I was wondering who would be the first idiot to make the Vette comparison. No surprise here. Tony, I guess you should call Ferrari and tell them how they are doing things wrong too. If the Vette is so vastly superior, why is it that Vette people are so intensely focused on the upcoming GT-R? You are such a wealth of knowledge, it's truly surprising you are not the CEO of one of the big three. Oh wait, it's actually not surprising at all. You are the type of person that likes to hear themselves talk because you think it in some way makes you superior to others. News flash, you are just a chump. Disagreeing with everything said just shows you to be the fat ugly kid on the playground that no one wanted to play with. I'm waiting for someone to comment on the blue sky so you can tell them it's green. Does your reflection in the mirror try to run from you too?

Brian

#17 ·
I should have warned you about the old folks here on their "how it should have been" philoshophies. That's why I try to avoid the now "taboo" GT-R.

#18 ·
So, what part of TonyD's commentary makes him an idiot? The Vette comparison? Well, thats about all you will read about in the car mags.

Tony made a comment about GM's production lines in the 1970s...did he speak truth? I myself dont know.

Tony says that the Z06 is cheaper and lighter than the GT-R...is he in error?
Or does simple physics dictate that the 3000 lb 500 hp car will beat the less powerful heavier car,despite being only a RWD? Which car has the lower center of gravity?

The name calling and personal attacks will get you nowhere and this thread will wind up closed like all the threads before with people who think that they can hurt Tony's feelings. Want to let some air out of the ego of TonyD? Prove him wrong. Do the personal attacks in person.

If you want to take out the old gunfighter, call him out. Dont wait til he rides out of town to talk smack.

#20 ·
nismo73 totaly disrespectfull and out of line.it's not needed here it's been a while since we've had people making personal attacks.atleast like the one you made mr 110 posts.the guy knows cars and is a stand up person in real life.i don't have a problem with dissagreeing.but that was pretty uncalled for.tony can be a little hard on people but i truly believe it's in a way of education.he's torn me a new one a time or two.not a big deal especially when you've spoke to him prersonally.people are alot different in person than they are on a computer.he doesn't need me to fight his battles.i consider most of the people on here to be friends and were i come from thats backing your friends.like i said no problem with dissagreeing just don't be an azz about it.

#21 ·
yeah 240zcar thats what i've been talking about.it's pretty heavy but i haven't driven it or seen it in person.the weight could be necessary for the performance.it be nice if it were around 3,200 pounds.but i'm not an expert so there must be a very good reason for the weight.

#22 ·
Again with this ****. Its a heavy pig & unless alot FIA rules change you won't be seeing at high level competition anywhere.......so it will rest in the fantasies of nostalgic kids too young to have seen it in its heyday of competition which barely passed FIA rules in the early 90's. So why is it being built. Smoke & mirrors marketing by Nissan & you bought it hook line & sinker.

#24 ·
Are not some of the Lexus cars high priced? So why not a Nissan that is pure awesome, in looks and performance and interior. Also, so what about the weight, it's got the power, 0-60 in 3.3 seconds is what I read. (plus the Mits. 3000gt was a heavy car and no one complained.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.