ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once the red Z is gone, I will be starting my next project on the black Z. I Am planning to swapping the NA engine for a 2JZ. I have heard of the swap, seen the famous youtube vids and also seen Kandy's work. I never really seen it in person until today. The mechanic who I plan on doing the swap with has already done 1 300zx 2jz swap. This car was done 2 years ago, everything on the 2JZ is stock. The car got dyno'd this week and it was putting out 395BHP @ 14lbs of boost.

Here are some pics, maybe tomorrow or next weekend I can go and get some vids of this little beast.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
FWIW.. That doesn't look like a stock intake.

Let us know when it's completed and running correctly. Also make sure you let us know the total dollar amount and hours spent to make it happen. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
15k Later and were just ready to start it. Unless your able to do your own work, and fabricate this number will be WAY higher than mine. Also, while some dont agree with the 2jz swap, i dont agree with doing the swap and leaving it stock-ish. You might as well do a tt swap.

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
"The car got dyno'd this week and it was putting out 395BHP @ 14lbs of boost. "

These are not impressive #s vs the cost. You can easily get these#s from a mostly stock VG and a fraction of the $$.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Jay stop talkin and start TWISTIN.... ( tread patterns off the tires that is )

Mike

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
kandy said:
15k Later and were just ready to start it. Unless your able to do your own work, and fabricate this number will be WAY higher than mine. Also, while some dont agree with the 2jz swap, i dont agree with doing the swap and leaving it stock-ish. You might as well do a tt swap.

[/quote]
I still say that Air Filter is too small! :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Cuis-z said:
kandy said:

[/quote]
I still say that Air Filter is too small! :)
[/quote]

I say I still wanna see that 2jzx rippin the tread of some tires

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
CUis-z, The air filter will not be on there. I just had it there to keep dust/dirt out while its getting finished. Look for a new thread tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
OK it's a new day... and looking for the NEW THREAD WITH PIX!!!

Ohhhh Ohhhhhh Ohhhhhh

Mike

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to see some videos to I hope kandy made like a little video diary of his quest! that would be great for members like me who are looking into doing the same swap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.