ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And have gone back in time and made countless millions, I want to preserve several brand new 300zxs to be in mint condition for the time in which I want to live. So that being said, how should I store them for 10-15 years so that they are in the best possible condition for when I come back to 2006...

Put them on jackstands? Would letting the suspension hang like that for years do damage to it? Cover the whole thing in cosomoline? Incase the car in a gaint plastic bubble that is then vacumn pumped and filled with an inert gas? Completely remove all fluids? Replace fluids with something inert(fluid)? What temperature would be best to store the car at? Humidity? Should I stop in every year to turn the engine and wheels over? Anything else you guys can think of?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
What the **** .......

Someone get me what he's been smoking.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nothing, this is a serious question. I need to know how to best preserve a Z in storage for many years so that after I am done time traveling I have a fleet of mint condition 300zxs.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, what advantage does ripping the car apart, trying to preserve everything individually and then reassemblying it again never to be the same as factory serve over just storing the whole thing as one?

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
How about... you go back in time to the day when you were born, and hand yourself a z keychain the second you're born. That way, you can literally say "I've been into the Z car ever since I was born".

Oh yeah, and put down the jager.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Valve springs are a must. You must take the tension off of them. Tires take them off and vacuum seal them along with the valve springs.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Clean out all the hoses and lines that would otherwise degrade with fluid residue, the struts and springs will be unstressed, store the crank and other moving parts in oil to preserve their life better, bolts would not seize, you name it. Not to mention bubble wrapping every removable body panel would really help with scratching. The most pristine Z's I've ever seen in my life (with <500 miles) have had some kind of scratching due to trying to manuver around it for 16 years.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not so worried about scratches and stuff, keep in mind I can seal the entire car in large plastic container devoid of air, filled with an inert gas. That would take care of many issues of preservation without much work.

·
Registered
443 Posts
why not go back in time and stay there with the precious Z's? that way you actually get to use them when they are new and gas is cheap!

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
If you are always gonna come back to 2006, they will be in the same shape they are in right now. You don't have to prep them at all.

Heck...just choose the time in which you want to live and then go back (or forward) to 1990-1996 to pick up your Z32's fresh off the factory line.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmmm:

"z***** (9:31:20 AM): this would cost many thousands
zluster Denver (9:31:32 AM): time machine remember
zluster Denver (9:31:42 AM): buying dozens of Zs to store
zluster Denver (9:31:53 AM): not concerned with cost here
z***** (9:32:10 AM): we should really be talking about how we can get you into counseling
zluster Denver (9:32:23 AM): waste of time and money that could be spent on the Z"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.