ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my favorite little windy road near my place and I gunned it up to 65 and was dropping back down when a cop on a side road clocked me at 53. Speed limit was 30 so I got the ticket for 53 in a 30 (20 over).

I'll get to make a court appearance :(. Oh well, it's been a long time since I've gotten a speeding ticket and Lord knows I've earned and deserved a lot more then just this one :).

The weird/ironic thing was that when the cop was taking my licence and registration he asked if my Z *was really* an 85. "Yeah." After he gave me the ticket he said that he thought my Z was in great condition for a 20 year old car and asked if I was restoring it. He then proceeded to ask me all sorts of questions about my Z and what I had done to it and whether or not I had swapped in a different motor (he was obviously interested on a personal level as the ticket was already in my hand). I mentioned how versatile the VG30's are, one individual running 600HP on race gas. He was interested!!

Afterwards he jaw'd off with me for another 5 minutes about how he always wanted a Mustang Mach 1 and he is finally in the market for one and was actually asking my opinion about it purchasing that particular car.

I thought after all of that he might give me a break...

I wasn't so lucky...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man, that sucks but like you said

'Lord knows I've earned and deserved a lot more'

Probably like 1 in 10,000 times you drive over the speed limit you get busted.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Oh yeah...

What sort of punishment do you expect for a '20 over'?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True story, I earned it!

I'll probably end up with a $200 speeding ticket before all is said and done. My father gave me this industrial size drill (DeWalt, 18 V) for my birthday with a second battery, charger, and nice case which he said I could sell if I didn't need. I already have a decent drill so I'll be selling it to help cover costs :(.

·
Registered
662 Posts
^^^Sucks too^^^

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I got wreckless driving once for G-teching my 280ZX on a highway here in Chattanooga...he didn't clock me, which is good, cuz I was going about 90 in a 50 lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Matt what do you mena "gteching"?

i got a ticket about a month ago for careless operations, the cop said that he saw "the back end drop and a large ploom of smoke" and that he "heard me bark the tires." he gave me a $309 ticket which the judge changed to 2 days community service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
gtech its a meter that measures suposed horsepower and torque and times your quater mile times and all, pretty much just a useless item like the digital compass ect lmao. they plug into your cig lighter and stick to your windscreen, its a poor mans dyno.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got a ticket to but my guy didnt coment on my car. but he did hook me up and all I got for doing 45 in a 25 was a 105$ fine. no points.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.