ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving my TTZ, things are fine, things are normal... Daily driving can be so mundane... There is a slight break in traffic coming up, there is a GMC Typhoon ( I always loved those) next to me doing his thing. We do a couple short gasses and then when all is clear we hit it.
Man that thing had POWER! He could do nothing but smoke the tires as I chirped passed him in third. This was fun, we did it a couple more times over the next few miles.
I had passed my turnoff long ago but was having too much fun to stop. We cruised along at around 45 for a while, I was in second and listening to the turbo's sing/spool at 3K, what an awesome sound, then it came time to hit it again, man, when you are cruising at 3K and punch it (any gear) it is a God like experience. I smoked the tires through third (on and off) he pulled to the next light and was SHOCKED!

We had a great run, after chatting he now wants me to install a new cat back on his truck. Business comes from the weirdest places........

Thought I would share...

Post Edited (Feb 1, 7:10pm)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: So I am driving this TTZ (sorry long)

Yeah, I was just reading Car and Driver and they mentioned the Typhoon in a comparison test of the Trailblazer SS and Jeep Cherekee SRT8. I believe they said it had like 260hp. I always new they were fast but that is a lot of power back in the early 90s.

·
Registered
152 Posts
if he was smoking his tires @ 60-80mph then he was pushing well over stock hp, i would guess in the 500's, that or he had REALLY shitty tires. i mean those things are all wheel drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.