Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!!
I have a 1987 Turbo, The engine was rebuilt a year ago and now it is smoking like snoop Dog on a friday night. The smoke from the car is white.It don't smell like oil burning. I would be grateful for any help.
Thanks
Memphis

·
Registered
657 Posts
is it a large amount of smoke or a little..... Is it only on start-up or always........ Have you overheated it......... look at your coolant.... is it still green or is it burnt?

you might be looking at a blown headgasket or possibly a cracked head.

·
Registered
458 Posts
do you have to fill any fluids often?

·
Registered
657 Posts
yeah its a lot of smoke when your driving?

if yes then you blew a gasket or 2. make sure when you have it replaced that they magnaflux the heads for cracks or you might have the same problem all over again

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Sounds like coolant being burnt. Could be a bad head gasket, or other similar problems. Check your coolant level, see if it needs any. Oil pressure won't have enything to do with it, since it's white smoke. White smoke is usually coolant. Grey smoke is oil, and black smoke is gas.

·
Registered
880 Posts
ya might also check your oil and see if it has water in it. it will look like mud if it does. ive never been wrong in saying white smoke is blown head gasket or cracked head.. but there is a first time for everything. good luck.

by the way, if you drive a car with a internal coolant leak, there is a possibility the cylinder can fill with liquid, bending you rod(s) into prezels... but i have only seen this once. engines are made to compress air/vaporous fuel.. not liquid ( you cant compress a liquid) not trying to scare ya, but when it comes to my z'z, i take more precautions then with my other vehicles..

·
Registered
74 Posts
also check all of your coolant sytem hoses for small cracks. I had a small crack in my bypass hose and it smoked like crazy. It took a while to find also because it is in a kind of consealed location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.