Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
smokin not meaning fast he he heheheheh

what happen i was sitting at lite all was good, went to take off then all of the sudden car filled up with white smoke,tale pipe was spitting out so much smoke you could not see nothing around at all,
car started to sputter and flutter what happen, towed car home
scrached me head , checked the plugs full of gunkey black oil, checked water for oil and oil for water noting there, replaced plugs started ok, but did smoke when gave it gas it was real bad, at idle still a lot but not as bad, took off head checked valves ok, head gasked ok no water anywhere, but i did find gunkey thick oil almost thick like grease in the exhust pipe just past the exhust manafold up to the cat.converter, can a bad turbo fan cause this to happen, i also noticed the blades on the turbo fan are nicked and seems the bearings are bad, some one please help i need this care on the road
please e-mail me
at [email protected] or [email protected] if possable if not i will ck the funstuff91 email
thanks form patrick in las vegas

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Turbo Gone Out!

You can disassemble the turbo and gut it. Disconnect it's oil feed line and plug it, and plug the shaft hle with a bolt, and be on your way. Teh car will run just fine, but you won't have nearly the power. I bought a car l;ike that, but it has the turbo now...

Basically your turbo went south, and ate up it's oil seals. Chances are it was from lack of lubrication due to coking of the turbo oil feel line. My turbo failed coming home one day--I got so P.O. about it, I cut the supply line with a pair of pliers, and folded it over on itself three times before crimping the mess with a vice-grips for insurance. Didn't leak, and made it the 50 miles home. The next morning, I was up early, stripped off all the turbo stuff, and put my Mikuini's back on for the drive to the MSA show. Got a few guys asking me "Wasn't this car Turboed yesterday at the autocross?"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.