Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K Z experts,

I was putting back togeter a dash for a 280ZXT 81' and I had disconnected the speedo cable that mounts to the back of the gauge, but the gauge won't work....

I screwed it back in and it appeared to be firmly set (It wiggled a bit but was clampped in), but it doesn't want to read. I wonder if I'm missing something???

If you can help me I would appreciate it...

sy

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: Smart? Speedometer Question- ANYONE?????1234 E

I would undo it and try again maybe the inner cable did not seat right...also you may have pulled the shaft from the trannie end..Does the shaft seem to stck out past the edge of the casing by much? it should be either slightly into the casing or maybe up to the lip with a small amount past the end. If it still wont work try from the trannie end....if it still ont work pull the cable at the trannie end and hook up a drill and run it in reverse if the gauge still won't work you might have a broken shaft or else you broke something in the gauge (hopefully just your cable)...
Usually though it just did'nt go into the gauge right though so just re-try it again..
Ohh also while you are under the car (if you have to go that far) check your speedo gear ..mine had 2 worn teeth and caused mine to choke....(that could be it to but I dont know why it would happen suddenly unless there was just the right thing happening that it would work until it lost it's groove...)

Z ya later
Mike K

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Smart? Speedometer Question- ANYONE?????1234 E

Thanks Mike,

Hey do you known a 300zx green? Is that your license#? I have seen that before somewhere. Maybe at Motorsport in Orange? Or do you have a 240 72'? I will attempt to trouble shoot tommarrow sometime, after I work on the 92 Maxima....

Thanks alot

United Z Club,L.A./LB

Speedbandit/Sy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.