ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the advantage of the air boxes on the new cars? The Maximas and 300ZX's have them. Why is there a box? What is the difference betweet a rubber boot and a box?

Unite Z Club, L.A./LB.

Sy

·
Registered
539 Posts
The little plastic "box" right after the airfilter is an intake silencer. All it does is cancel out the air induction noise, makes it quiet. If anything, they will decrease performance. Don't even worry about them.

Kyle

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's up matt? We are a group of 4 was 5 Z car owners who have been friends for approx. 6 years now, and I decided to start a Z club called United Z Club. We are perfecting our Z's at this time getting them ready for racing and some show. We love to represent the Z car/Nissan. I live in east Long Beach near 7th St.. If you would like to hang out send me some email. Happy to help out any Z owner.

United Z Club L.A./L.B.

Sy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's up matt? We are a group of 4. Us Z car owners who have been friends for approx. six years now, and I decided to start a Z club called United Z Club. We are perfecting our Z's at this time getting them ready for racing and some show. We love to represent the Z car/Nissan.

I live in east Long Beach near 7th St.. If you would like to hang out send me some email. Happy to help out any Z owner. My friend Aceant will be racing his 01 Nissan sentra in Bakersfield tommorrow. I have to get my 81ZXT car smogged that smae day so I won't be able to roll. I'll be there next time....

Aceant- 280ZX 80'runs low 15's/ Also 01 Sentra/Low 15's
Sy- 280ZXT 81'not yet timed
BigVern 300ZX 84'not yet timed
Sgt.Tony280ZXT 83'not yet timed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.