ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people say, "Yeah the turbo seals may be leaking oil and causing bluish-white smoke. Is there a way to find a oil leakage within' the turbo system without tearing the engine apart? again.
Oh yeah, there is no oil leakage found. The dip-stick reading is normal.

The turbo is spooling up and the power is acceptionally there. I'm scared to punch it, because I'm afraid to blow something. i know it goes much faster.

I'm ready to punch it! Man.....I found out my timing was 10 degrees advanced. Could that make bluish-white smoke?

For anyone who may have helped out Thank You.

United Z Club, L.A./L.Beach, Ca.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Smart?How can U tell if turbo seals are bad an

Just pulling this out of my ass cause it was happening to me..

If your turbo an automatic? If so, have you checked your ATF level? In my case, the vacuum modulator on the tranny ruptured its diaphragm and was allowing ATF to be sucked into the intake via the vacuum line... which produced bluish white smoke. Be a little more descriptive about your problem. :)

-il82

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Smart?How can U tell if turbo seals are bad an

IllushynZXT,
Thanks for your input. My trani is loosing a bit of ATM Fluid, and today I had to put some in. I didn't know that it was a difference between Manual Tranis and Automatics on turbo models.

I will look into that. By the way, where is the diaphram? How could it have been damaged?

Thanks again man..

United Z Club, L.A./L.B.

sy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.