ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desperately need some help. I changed the oil send unit on my 84 n/a the other day and laying along the passenger side frame rail are 3 very small hoses. They look like vacuum lines.The one end isn't hooked to anything and end just below the battery tray. The car runs fine and everythiing works. Does anyone know where they go?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
They all come from the *edit*climate control vacuum resovior in the front right corner of your engine bay right behind the passenger headlight.
I believe these are right:

One goes through the firewall.

One goes to the water ****.

One goes to the intake plenum.

See if you're missing any of these.

Post Edited (Sep 16, 1:36pm)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Plus if the car is running ok then I wouldn't put to much thought into it, My car has lots of wires and plugs that are just hanging and not used for anything.. The main thing that I could figure out was that most of the plugs were for turbo hook ups.. and my car is n/a

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Domdogg makes sense. One of the vacuum lies goes to the heater and my car is blowing hot air with just the vents turned on. You're right too, there's quite a bit of extra stuff on the n/a's that are turbo pieces. Like the plugs next to the strut towers for the adjustable suspension. Thanks again.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I knew what he meant. I've been around for a few years (46) last count. Pump, tank, canister, black thingy with the hoses coming out of it...
It's tough on a website because you can't always tell someone's skill level. I've met some very intelligent folks that I doubt could check their oil if you showed them. On the other hand I couldn't do heart surgery and have the patient survive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
chk under the cruise control booster that is where one of mine goes too.

WHY?? only the little guy over there knows why you put a vacuum line under a cruise boost and make it affect the air flow to the vents.....

Im still confused and chasing these things around....

84300zx turbo 99% restored...but still working.
LOL
bob

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The "little guy over there" probably figured that it would be too hard to cost-justify to the chief engineer that the turbo car really needed two separate vacuum reservoirs and vacuum pumps, or even had the room to fit them, instead concluding that one vacuum pump assisted source of vacuum was sufficient to operate both the cruise control and HVAC at the same time as long as the systems were maintained to FSM standard.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Attack of the "bean counters". Thanks for all the help. I'll get in there this weekend. I want to start driving it to work. But I live in Eastern Tennessee and it's hot enough without A/C that I don't need the heat on too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.