ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with an older Z experienced slow wipers? I just failed my inspection because my usually slow wipers, almost stopped in the middle of the windshield. Is there any adjustment or is it just a wornout motor? Also, is the motor difficult to install or for that matter buy? Thanks, Dano

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Like a cake walk....</b>

Dano,

On a 71, the job is really easy. I would replace the motor, yea... it lasted 28 years. Can ya replace the brushes... I don't know... but that would do the job. Unless there was bearing problems.

To fix... open the hood. Remove the wiper nut that projects off the stud... at the base of the wiper. Remove the cowl... the sheetmetal between the hood and windshield... just about in the center is the motor. While your in there, check the linkage and make sure it isn't binding up anywhere. A few drops of oil is a good idea too. if anything looks loose check the bearing.

When putting it back together, make sure you don't over tighten the the wiper arm bolt.

If you do have any binding in the linkage, I would verify that the wiper motor is not the problem. Or verify that it works correctly.

Lastly, if the motor is the problem, don't go cheap when replacing. Shop around for a good price... its a pain not having wipers that don't work.

Good Luck,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>Yuichi.... What are you doing at HOME?</b>

Dude,

How come your not in school dude... Are you cutting today?

Dennis

P.S. Get a job.... Just kidding.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>This should be attached to the topic above...</

Sorry....

Please attach to the topic above....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Dennis , Senior Cut day:) Can you get me a job?

i was thinking of getting a job at grand auto so i can work on my car and get discounts;)
hehe
Zya
yuichi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.