ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of slot mags for the 74 260... I have not come across a set in my travels... are they hard to come by? did they ever come stock on the Z or were they stricly aftermarket? I see them on a lot of older Z's, that's why I ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
It's easy to think they came stock, but in reality, they were a very common aftermarket item put on by the dealer in place of those hideous stock wheels. I don't think they are sold any more — at least I haven't seen them in a long time — but I do come across them fairly regularly in wrecking yards here in CA.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have a set that r polished and I will be taking them off soon, if u r intrested just say so and I'll get back to you via E mail.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yep, they are fairly common in junkyards here in Ca. I have a set I want to put on but can't find center caps to fit them. The standard MSA bullet ones are too big. I guess I could install the screw on kind that MSA sells, but that's alot of work. Any ideas.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hey Kevin, if you're down in California, it's possible that you have access to a Les Schwab Tire Store. If so, they might have what you're looking for.

I'm not sure what style mymags would be, but they are the right ones for the era of the car. Went there, and he had some "knock-off" caps and the Center cap to mount them to. Granted they fit through the wheel and aren't the exact size of the hole, but they do look sharp.

FWIW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.