ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although replaced all the parts such as master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch pad, pressure plate and the bearing, I still have the slipping clutch.
Anybody have solution for this, please help.

Thank You

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only thing you didn't mention was having the flywheel turned. Did you? If not, I'm willing to bet that's the source of your problem. Any auto parts store with a machine shop can do it for $20-25.

·
Premium Member
40,975 Posts
Check Master Cylinder Pushrod

I got a Master that had a clevis that couldn't be adjusted correctly. I had to re-use my old pushrod and clevis off the old MC. (Mine wouldn't release) my bud in PHX told me that was the problem on his, too--his kept slipping because his couldn't be adjusted short enough, and wasn't letting the fluid back into the MC! Wierd...
Bad flywheel could do it too. Now's the time to put in that 11# unit you've always had your eye on... :)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: also, what throwout bearing did you use?

I have seen brand new clutch jobs slip, and were not adjustable because the incorrect t/o bearing sleeve was used. I'm not sure what year your car is, but the t/o bearing sleeves are different from 240z, 280z and 280zx, and 2+2 cars. If you bought an aftermarket t/o bearing that already had a sleeve with it, this may be suspect.
The three pressure plates are all different heights, and use three different sleeves.
Good luck, Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.