ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with the shop I bought my Haltech from, the junk I got was ment for a fellow in Canada with a 4G63 powered Eclipse, he bought a used set up from the same shop, hence the 4cyl wiring harness, used brain box, zip lock bag full of used connectors used MAP sensor etc.
I'm going there tomorrow, even though its over 150 miles away, and I've been assured that everything will be made right.....

Stay Tuned.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: 150 miles away is "local"?

Don't forget he is in Texas.

A friend of mine who had been stationed in Alaska, told me of a sign in a restaurant bar he saw:

" A small reminder to our Texas friends;
If Alaska were cut in HALF! Then,
Texas would become our Third largest state!"

· Registered
339 Posts
Re: 150 miles away is "local"?

150 miles seems local to me. The only one I'd trust with any of my "speed shop" needs would be Mr. Thagard with his leet twin turbo project.. as he lives right down the road. :) Outside of him, the next closest person I could consider giving money to is 260 miles away in Daytona Beach. Us Z owners gotta do what we gotta do to keep kicking those honda boys in the ear..and if that means driving 150 miles for parts, lets go!

-il82

· Registered
422 Posts
Chris,

I think the most important thing in your story is that the shop is stepping up to take care of you. Thing is sometimes mistake are made even when dealing with the best compaines. It's how they handle that mistake that makes the difference between a good place to buy from and a bunch of dirtbags.

Recently I finished my 76. About the last item to be installed was a set of clear headlight covers that I had bought from MSA in June of 99 and which had been sitting in a box until now. Found out that the passengers side had a defect in the way it had been made. Called MSA and they took care of it without blinking. Now, they could have said, "well its been three years since you bought it", but they just stepped up and fixed the problem.

Good luck and let us know how the system works out.

Charles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.