ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 1992 300ZX Twinturbo and upon boosting around 8-10.5 the car seems to stuble slightly. When moderatly boosting say only to 5-6 no problems. The stumbling isnt very bad but it is noticeable. I have tighten down all the clamps on the IC and TB pipes on the front of the engine. What are the other places that a possible boost leak could be comiong from (asuming this a boost leak.) My gauge reads at 10.5 psi when this is happening and that is where it should be at. I did notice that the drivers side TB hose was somewhat cracked on the edge (the part connecting to the TB itself) and I have tighten that area up but the problem is still there. Any thoughts or if it is even a boost leak? TIA!

Regards,

James

Post Edited (Jan 1, 8:51pm)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have checked all the injectors by checking their ohm eading and all of them are fine. I even removed each coil pack connection and on each cylinder the engine died some what.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I'd get a boost leak testor and completely eliminate that it would be that.... How are your spark plugs? Might wanna change'em out.. NGK PFR6B-11B's ONLY!!!
Do you have an aftermarket boost gauge, or are you reading the OEM one on the dash? Any other mods? Intake? ECU?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am using the platinum bosch at the moment but I have never had any problems until now. I am stock except for a K&N cone filter. On my original cluster I read 10.5 psi. On my new LED cluster it also reads 10.5 but spiks down to 5 psi quickly and then back up right when I am stuttering (thats why I am thinking a boost leak). On the LED gauge it reads psi to a .250 ration every .250 seconds so it is pretty acurrate. The only other I did was remove my IAV and cleaned it out. When I placed it back in I only placed 3 of the four screws. It could be possible that the leak is from there but all the other screws are on tight and I used a new gasket with a gasket sealear all around. Any links to where all the possible boost leaks are coming from?

Post Edited (Jan 1, 9:45pm)

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Could be anywhere.. thats why it's best to get a boost leak tester and find it. Could be more than one...
I'd get those Bosch pieces of crap out of the engine asap.
My $0.02

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
It's the bosch's. Trust me. I had the EXACT same problem. I was running bosch platinum's as a temporary plug, and my car was hesitating any time I got on it. As soon as I put the PFR6B-11B's in, the problem disappeared. You may want to give that a check...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.