ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car started running a little rough, I hooked up the timing light and it appears that all pistons have a slight miss every few revolutions.

NGK plugs (not sure how old)
New Taylor wires
Pretty new Bosch distributer cap
ZX Distributer
Stock coil, not sure how old.

Any ideas?

Thanks

- T

· Registered
881 Posts
Just at idle?

Is it just at idle tyson??? I had a problem with the ignition control on my 260 and it would miss at idle.. but not at rev.. not enough juice to fully power it. Dunno.. just another tail to chase i guess. Not selling it? Thought you were selling your little red screamer..

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep still selling it

Well the timing light shows it at all engine speeds, but jerja says my light may not be firing.

I am gunna do a quick overhaul of my carbs, perhaps I sucked some crap through both filters.

Still selling it, but I still need to be representin until I do!

Cant wait to get me a V8 240.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
I don't know why you can't use a timing light to help find the problem. I have found bad individual plugs, wires, or burned contacts on dizzy cap using a decent timing light. I don't trust them completely for high rpm misses but they can point you in the right direction. I would suspect perhaps a bad coil to cap wire (especially if you had to assemble the wires yourself) or a mismatched cap and rotor. Sometimes you can get a new cap from one company and a rotor from another and their dimensions don't match up perfectly and can cause a minor miss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.