ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would mention this. I have a 1984 Hardtop Z automatic. Seven years ago, I restored it for my son and he drove it for two years. he decided he wanted a newer model and the 84 sat in the back yard for five years. I finally found the urge to try to get it running again. Saturday, I bought a brand new battery and put it in. IT STARTED AFTER 4 CRANKS AND IDLED LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IT. Just a few mice nest blew out of the tailpipe. I could not believe this.
Great cars

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't understand it either. The gas is the first thing I checked by taking the cap off and smelling the inside of the filler. It smelled normal. I put a coat hanger down the pipe with a ball of cotton in the end quickly to check the color, it looked good.
Just lucky I guess

·
Registered
548 Posts
From what I understand, current unleaded gasoline will last much longer than leaded. Leaded gas would varnish up over the winter. There are so many additives in current gasoline it's the petroleum version of the twinkie. But after 5 years I'd still say you were lucky. Enjoy your re-found Z.

·
Registered
154 Posts
**** my barly starts know. damb dont kick the **** out of these cars the go fast.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Either that Mister T or he was about to fall asleep when he wrote it and just didn't care how it was supposed supposed to be spelt. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.