ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone that has this cam can give me the specs, TEP won't email me back with them so they must not know what they even sell, it's a turbo grind cam # 065-34 sold by TEP in Hollywood Calif.
I personally didn't / wouldn't buy it from them, ( bought it from a friendly z car dude here on this site, that didn't have them) so I guess I'm not worth there time to simply email me with their specs, OH WELL.......
Anyone that can step up and give me these specs, Thank You !!

· Registered
470 Posts
I know,

it too once ordered that cam from TEP and they obviously refused to give me the specs. WHY???? Because the owner is a clown and has sex with kangaroos. What a joke this cam was when I had WEB cams spec it out. I guess it was one of their variable valve timing/duration cams as each intake/exhaust lobes had different lifts/durations/lobe centers as compared to the set of intake/exhaust lobes next to it. Web asked me if I wanted them to send it back to me. I told them I would not waste my money in shipping and had them throw it into the dumpster where it belonged!

· Registered
168 Posts
Re: I know,

I thought they used Isky. I could be wrong but I at one time respected there opinion and had called and got cam specs. I just can't remember other than I hate those cocky bastards too.

· Registered
27 Posts

Yeah,,I used to deal with TEP for my 89 Conquest TSI..The owners name is Steve Nelson and he is a liar,theif,and doesnt know $hit about the cars he sells parts for.I,and others in the Starion/Conquest world were burned by Top End many times..To give an example,I bought a fully built race motor(2.6) from them.I installed it and when I got it running,it smoked like a freight train.I took the motor apart and it had 3 Total Seal rings,and 1 Hastings ring..Top End denied it and did nothing for me after spending $3600 bucks there..I was very tempted to jump on a plane..

· Registered
1,340 Posts
???

What part of the country are you in? Both my friend and I have the same spec cam (regrind) done by two different places and they both kick ass!

.510 lift
300º duration

Not very expensive and the guy can do it for you application.

· Registered
1,244 Posts

LOL...
Are you two talking about our VERY Knowledgeable MR. Famous CRAZY MAN???
Yup I do believe... James nailed him good! Darn... Why do I aways get pissed when I hear his name. That's not like me either.
That cam that Steve sells is a sublet labor job from American Cam's.
BTW.. Best buddy those two are.
I too, tried to call to get the specs from it... I had to have Nathen at Gerolomy's to call Steve up. Then he had to called American to get the specs. Great customer Service huh??? Hey did you guy's know that the Schnieder cam's won't work for Z's? Yup Dear Old Steve say's so... He never returned mine and traded it for his! Opened it up.... HEY!!! that's not what I sent to have put in! Two weeks trying to find out what's up with this???

Donna

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.