ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was driving home going roughly 80 mph and a deer decided to commit suicide on me...Wasn't fun...felt kinda weird at first, like surreal...One second I was driving and the next second I see a deer...a loud thud and smoke outta my car lol. It tore up both of the headlights and dented in the front end, complete demolished my hood and I can't open it up to see if the engine suffered any trouble. This was one **** of a week...But between God and the ZX I came out scott free...Just good thing I wasn't driving a Pinto :eek:P

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Z. Car v deer is a no-win. I

Would have been more concerned about the pinto if the deer would have rear ended you!!

Roger

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HA! I wish I got insurance money out of it :eek:/ Only had liability...This has been the most depressing week of my life but i'll manage...Gonna ask relatives for some donations for the "help my ass back on the road" fun :eek:P we'll see what they will be willing to give lol. So...On that note, anyone know any Z31's that are for sell close to Illinois?

·
Registered
662 Posts
That sucks!

I hope you can get a new '31 soon.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Deer are no fun. I had the s**t scared out of me one fall about 25 years ago. I was driving a 1978 MGB at the time. I was driving home late (about 11pm). Came around a bend and had a deer jump out in front of me off a hill to the right. Then a second jumped over the roof. If the second one hadn't cleared the car I wouldn't be typing this.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
That sucks man, I was gonna say get pics but on the other hand I dont think I want to see a Z all mashed :( Hope u get it running again!

·
Registered
297 Posts
that is really depressing, if i had to offer a bright side, it's that you can probably make back a fair amount of your investment if you part out the car. hope your engine isn't in really bad shape!

life is all ups and downs. this whole year has been a down for me, it sucks but next year is bound to be better. hang in there!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
It may be fixable... My car looked like **** right after I crashed it but a new bumper, a new hood and some banging and you won't be able to tell after I get it painted...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Bummer, but as everyone said about mine when it burned to death...
"At least it was just a n/a."

Get a turbo :)

Im drivin a 280zx 2+2 auto until that day comes for me. haha.
The 280zx is growing on me though.

Good to hear you're not dead or in the hospital.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL thanks guys, yeah...For some odd reason this week has been **** for everyone. I'm hoping to pick up a turbo this time, I was thinking about getting it fixed but it'll cost more than I payed for the car lol. I figure I'll get a new one (praying it's turbo) and then swap parts in if need be then start selling things. So if you guys need any parts! let me know! Just send me an email to [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.