ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need you Z car owner's opinon on if I should have a Moon roof instaled in my 1980ZX. The car is perfect shape. It has never been driven in the winter and the paint is look almost brand new. It has 47000 miles and I want to keep it almost completly stock(no engine mod or body kits). If I did get one instaled it would be done by the best shop in Omaha. I wouldn't go cheap. My question is would this effect its value greatly(+ -). Tell me what you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I would'nt...

I would'nt... heres why:
The Z's curved roof is a major part of the cars structure. Cutting into the roof to install glass (or plastic) will weaken the overall structure. The curved roof will make it hard to seal properly. It will decrease the value of your car. You can have the best shop in the world do the install, I will still look like crap on a Z. If your car has that low miles and perfect paint, why do you want to ruin it! Of course if you mention any of the above items to your shop, I am sure they will say I am crazy... but remember they want your business.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
For Christ's sake, NO man, you will only be sorry later. Well, you got a 50/50 chance of experiencing major bummer pain in the caboose later on.

Or maybe not.

Besides, think about it: How often would you use it? Not often, I'd bet.

I mean, how many times will you be looking up at the sky? Once you've seen it, you're seen it.

Seriously, John hit the nail on the head with his post. Unless you got money to burn, I sure would skip it. Do a little research and you'll have no problem spending that cash somewhere else.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
not worth it...

I just finished welding in a new roof piece onto my '73 240 because the previous owner wanted a moon roof. The thing poured like Niagra Falls when it rained, besides ruining the line of the car with these flat peices of glass on a curved roof. Now I'll have fun finishing the body work just to try to make it look acceptable at best.

Just my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.