ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm looking at a 1990 300zx 2+2 for my son, he is obsessed with these cars.
The one we are currently considering looks good overall but has 240,000 miles. The body and interior look really good considering the age of the car. The seller doesn't know whether the transmission has ever been replaced or rebuilt, or if the front and rear seals have ever been replaced. The car does have a salvaged title, the current owner says the salvage title is because the car was stolen and later recovered. He bought it at an auction . He is asking $2,850.00 as is and it does currently run. We aren't having much luck finding these cars under 7k.

Should we jump on this car or move on? What would any of you familiar with these cars do?

Thank you

·
Registered
994 Posts
wow, well I don't have that model, but in general lots of issues, 1st that is a LOT of miles and an old car, if you have looked under the hood you will see LOT of wires/vacuum lines, and very little working space, and if any obd it would be early I suspect and not odb2 making finding a mechanic to work on it not easy. Salvage title from an auction, hmm. I would suggest getting a lexus gs from around 2000-2004 Tell your son its RWD and has a 2JZ, that should be a lot more car for the money. pick it up for about 4-6k all day long. Then start a long term savings and look for a 300zx that is a one owner low mileage with good service history and a clean title. It will take some time, but that is a good lesson to learn. Drive the GS, its a very nice car, while working for more cash to buy the dream car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts