ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
The source is wikipedia, and though I know it isn't a terribly valid source, I think it shows a certain amount of 'generic' specifications.
Whew, glad you saw that. I contribued to a bunch of the varying car articles on Wikipedia, and over time they get bastardized by teenagers. There is no way to trust anything on Wiki. It is like asking a group of 100 people and then taking the average answer... you get the popular answer, but sometimes not the right one.

Anyway, my definition of supercar (arbitrary, capricious):
1) Low production numbers (ie. on the order of less than a couple thousand). 300zx does not qualify.

2) Very expensive, to the point of being unattainable by most of the population. 300zx does not qualify.

3) Exceptional performance numbers for the time/era. 300zx had decent numbers, but was by no means steller with 300hp/280lbs.

4) Outstanding or redefining in their category. The Enzo redefined what it meant to be a sports car, for example, with an F1-style chassis.
The 300zx arguably redefined styling in some ways, but was considered uglier than the Supra by many.

5) Rare on the streets.
300zxs are still somewhat common in the Pacific northwest. I can typically see one every second day, sometimes every day. That just is not rare. How many Enzos do I see on the road? Maybe one per year.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
z32dood-- We closed this, and decided to all go drinking, so I won't respond to your post.

However, you said you are in the Pacific NW? What part? I'm in Portland. Do you ever come to the NorthWest Z club meetings?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.