ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
yeah it makes sense the TT back then was/is a supercar and 40k was a huge price tag in the early 90s. IF they TT'd the 350 with all the bells and whistles it would be a 60-70k dollar car.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
exactly. But you can always buy a used Z/G and get a TT kit installed. 400-500 HP is what they are usually doing with these kits. About 5-6K installed.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
4-EZT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah it makes sense the TT back then was/is a
> supercar and 40k was a huge price tag in the early
> 90s. IF they TT'd the 350 with all the bells and
> whistles it would be a 60-70k dollar car.

GT-R

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
ones a coupe and carries the Z badge. One is a sedan and looks like a Caddy CTS that was humped by an RX8. If its balls then i'd take the new Challenger over the GTR anyday. For the Money get a Viper.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
4-EZT Wrote:
> ones a coupe and carries the Z badge. One is a
> sedan and looks like a Caddy CTS that was humped
> by an RX8. If its balls then i'd take the new
> Challenger over the GTR anyday. For the Money get
> a Viper.

Dude.. you're in rare form tonight ;)

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
See i told you the G is a pig ;-o

passenger makes a huge difference and i still see the Treefiddy pulling on the G even though the G jumped the beep on the second run.

I know its hard to see cuz of the camera angle but did you see all the people on the side of the road drooling over the Treefiddy.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It weights 200 lbs more than the Z, so I guess it's a pig. It is a bigger car with extra seats remember? So I guess the 2+2 Z32 is a lard a$$ed fairlady...

Also I think there was a mistake, it looks to me the Z had 2 passengers and the G 1. Who is holding the camera in the Z??? Don't think it's the driver.

That would put both cars about even weight wise, and they now both pull the same, as seen in the video...

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
oink oink

tj mostly i'm just baggin on the G for baggin sakes. Its fine, just not my thang. Sux kinda to because i really wanted to like it.

Well on a roll i would expect them to be the same...what would happen off the line or better yet on the track its prolly 6s except for the looks.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I have to pipe up about a comment posted above. The Z32 was/is not a supercar! I think the term is thrown around far too much.

For me, there are three things that make a supercar, and they all have to be leaps and bounds above your average sportscars:

1. Performance - at the ragged edge for it's day
2. Rarity - if you see a single one of them on the road in your life, you remember it forever
3. Cost - the handbuilding, exotic materials, artful design cost hella more than your average sportscar

On these points, for the Z32:

1. Performance - very good for a sportscar of it's day, up there with the Vette and the usual suspects from Japan
2. Rarity - not rare in the least
3. Cost - expensive for the everyman, but definitely attainable

The Supercars of the day were: Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ220, Lambo Diablo, etc. The Z32 can be made to have 1. above with upgrades, but 2. and 3. cannot be imitated.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
yea. Ok chucky - I'll buy that argument. But if we are getting into semantics, you cannot call the Z32 a "sports car" either.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Not buying it

...The TT was pretty technically advanced for its day.
40k price tag back then was substantial
detuned performance ya might have a point
rare compared to what? a vette a stang...very rare.

THis car wasn't built or marketed for the exotic crowd even though it lines are exotic....i think you are equating price with supercar.

its a supercar.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
4-EZT Wrote:
> Not buying it
>
> ...The TT was pretty technically advanced for its
> day.
> 40k price tag back then was substantial
> detuned performance ya might have a point
> rare compared to what? a vette a stang...very
> rare.
>
> THis car wasn't built or marketed for the exotic
> crowd even though it lines are exotic....i think
> you are equating price with supercar.
>
> its a supercar.

I listed what cars I'm comparing it to! Not a Vette or a Stang, which weren't nearly supercars of the day either. I'm not just equating price with a supercar, in fact I have three specific criteria of which only one is price. You're actually reinforcing my point here, yes a $40K price tag is substantial but NOT SUPERCAR. Comparing its rarity to a Vette or Stang, NOT SUPERCAR. Good performance but not exotic, NOT SUPERCAR. It can definitely be made to perform in the supercar category, but so can a lot of cars. They're not supercars!

41 - 60 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.