ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1978 280z
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1978 280z was starting and running like a beauty yesterday. I decided to remove the big ugly bumpers today and now it wont turn over or start. There is no power to the interior of the vehicle. When I turn the key it used to make a buzzing noise, no there is no noise or lights. The battery is reading good on the multimeter. The only thing I can thin of is that somehow the horn and/or the fog lights completed a circuit neccessary to start the car. Any ideas?

·
Registered
913 Posts
First off - people you really need to stop taking the bumpers off - these crumple like tin cans at the slightest tap without them (which is why you cant find a hood anymore without a dent in the front point.

Second, check your battery cables to make sure the terminals aren't corroded, check that the negative wire is not loose on the starter, make sure none of your fusible link wires are blown & are making good contact with the fusible link metal teeth.

Also - you might just have a dead battery - get a multimeter or try and jump the car. Maybe you left the dome light on overnight or something...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts