ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to replace my shifter with a short throw shifter. What kind and where to get it from.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Don't you think you should be more concerned about fixing your broken motor than you should about having a short throw shifter?

Great, so you have a short throw shifter, but your car doesn't run.

Yeah. That's smart.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gimme a break i was just wondering. Well can really do much. I've found a few crap cars for like 500$ that i can buy that are near me that i can just part out on muy car.
Zbum u got a step by step on how to replace valves???

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
so the short throw shifter for a 240sx is a exact fit for a 300zx? i have a 300zx 85, n/a can i put it on with no modification? and should i get 1 for the s13, or s14 model or does it matter

·
Registered
44 Posts
> so the short throw shifter for a 240sx is a exact fit for a 300zx? i have a 300zx 85, n/a can i put it on with no modification? and should i get 1 for the s13, or s14 model or does it matter

yes, they all use the fs5w71c transmission, so the shifter fits and works perfectly in the NA z with no modification.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok which one should i get i know they all fit but which one looks like the best buy or what not. I duno if i trust the 25$ one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.