ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering if you guys could help me out with finding some parts that I can't seem to find, at least on ebay and a few parts sites. oh, and I'm just reading off the list my grandfather left my parents (I'm currently stuck 8 hours away from my car) and the car is an '84 2+2 I'm needing a differential mount (carrier) an inside axel boot (cv) right side and a right side bottomspring cushion. Thanks for any help, car has been through **** after I accidently slid it into a curb, and now its working, but not exactly as it should.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, Victoria British is a good source for many parts. Some think they are overprice on some items but can provide parts many companies cant.

OEM Surplus is good but doubt they will help you in this situation.

Spring mounts (cushions) Garymolitor.com = urethane replacements that are better than OEM for a comparable price.

Diff carrier means oil seals also. Do both sides. Victoria British is the best price I found.

Pull the entire side you hit and replace everything you can. (seals, bearings, carrier etc.)

Do the springs while you are at it, Tokico are reasonably priced and good performance based on user feedback. Check your wheel bearings, again Victoria British is the best I found. It may be a good idea to replace them anyhow if the car has over 100k.

You will basically be pulling the entire rear suspension and diff to get this done. Prothane urethane bushings will be a good idea.

Realistically you are probably looking at a couple hundred $$ to do this right as long as there is no real damage to the metal parts of the sub-frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.