ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im kinda new to the 300zx thing i had a 84 50th but usally i have 280zxt cars......well my question here is im looking to acquire a 88 shiro 41k miles orig owner garage kept with the original bill of sale and all records. is there any questions that i should ask other then the obvious. im not well versed in shiros other then whats posted for the car of the month. any problem areas at all on these cars? any input will be greatly appriciated.

john

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for that info i looked over and so far it all matches up....looks like its a real ss this one has 41k on it and is the original owner........since im in ny and shes in nevada i cant see it personally i want to have it appraised what do you think. any ideas. she has all records for this car and is the original owner. it feels right but i dont trust anyone i dont wanna get ripped off here i just want a good car for a fair price.

john

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
if it's in great condition and such low miles, probably like $6-8,000. Or more if it's totally pristine.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well she says its been garaged all its life all records and original wondow sticker. no scratches dents or rust of any kind shes asking 10k is this a little high i think ill offer 9k sound right ??

john

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
What are your plans for the car? If you're going to drive it regularly, I'd look for something else. IMO: That sounds like a car for occasional use and car shows. 10k for a driver Z31 is a waste of money. Should you get broadsided, the insurance would write you a check for about $4k. If you're planning on cleaning it up and competing in car shows with it, then I'd guess the price is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im going to go the car show route it might win but im not looking for a daily driver but i will enjoy it on nice days in the summer it will not be a winter car at all i have a restored 83 turbo z fordaily driving in the summer and a hyundai for the snowy days in the winter

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
sounds fine to me. thats pretty much what I got my Shiro for. and I won my first award a few weeks ago. dont forget to show us pix once you get it!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will do sport ill post pics as soon as i get her thanks everyone for the info i greatly appriciate it.

john

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
try to talk them down a bit from 10 grand....I got my shiro with 75k on it for 3500 and nothing big was wrong with it. like leaky weatherstripping or something (thatll cost 500 to replace easy). and the timing belt service will have to be done soon if it hasnt yet.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was going to offer 9k sound right for a garaged 41k original owner car

john

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.