ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the easiest/most cost effective way to ship a transmission from the east coast to the west? All the major companies i've looked at want as much as im selling it for....

I remembered someone posting this same question, but i couldnt find it in the search....

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Got your email. Don't worry about rushing to get it out. Take your time, I'm in no hurry.

I'm not sure what the weight limit is for USPS. I knew it was gonna be expensive to ship though, a tranny and cast iron manifold are heavy!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a shipping suggestion that worked for me. Go to your local Home Depot, Wall Mart or Lowe's and get a large plastic container with lid. The one I used had small wheels on it and its was in the storage section of the store. Place the transmission in it. Block and brace it with small pieces of wood so that it doesn't move about inside the container. Place the lid on it and wrap the container bottom to top with wide duct take or filament shipping tape to secure the lid. Take it to ups or whomever you choose with the best rate. UPS ground rates worked for me. The packaging material cost me about $20.00 and the transmission arrived safe and sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.