ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered about 5 things from Motorsport and they had 2 items out of stock....... They didn't ship what they had in stock..... Waiting for the backorder for the rest of the parts.. Told them to ship what they had after 8 days of waiting.. Anyone else have these problems with them? We are talking a $750 order.......

·
Registered
972 Posts
I ordered a dash cap that came to me broken. They called RPS and had them come back and pick it up so they could make a claim against them. Motorsport wouldn't send me a replacement until the claim was finished and they had the broken part. Finally after 3 weeks the replacement is on its way to me. I guess there isn't a lot they can do, maybe on smaller parts they would have sent out a replacement instantly.

> I ordered about 5 things from Motorsport and
> they had 2 items out of stock....... They
> didn't ship what they had in stock.....
> Waiting for the backorder for the rest of
> the parts.. Told them to ship what they had
> after 8 days of waiting.. Anyone else have
> these problems with them? We are talking a
> $750 order.......

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had the saem problem with a back order, they kept everything for about 2 weeks until I called them 3 times a couple days apart and kept telling them to send what they had. They charged me extra shipping for the later part. I was very annoyed, I needed the parts a week after I ordered, but got them finally 3 weeks after. Hope it works out for you.
Joshua L.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange.. so far they've always wanted to ship everything they had in stock to me right away, even if they expected the remaining pieces in a couple of days.

I'm a little peaved about getting the wrong master vac (I found out it was the wrong one AFTER I had everything taken apart) but up until now I've had good experiences with them.

> I had the saem problem with a back order,
> they kept everything for about 2 weeks until
> I called them 3 times a couple days apart
> and kept telling them to send what they had.
> They charged me extra shipping for the later
> part. I was very annoyed, I needed the parts
> a week after I ordered, but got them finally
> 3 weeks after. Hope it works out for you.
> Joshua L.

·
Registered
403 Posts
> $750 order.......

Yeah they pulled that same bullshit on me last summer when I was rebuilding my engine on a timetable. They told me they were out on some of it, and I specifically told them to ship what they had and they ignored me, didn't bother to tell me they weren't shipping it, then 5 days later when I called and asked where my stuff was, they said oh we held it till the whole order could be shipped. Ended up cancelling the order other than ARP con-rod bolts because they were the only place I could find that stocked em. I was forced to pay for overnight which essentially doubled the price of the bolts (which incidentally have a suggested retail price by ARP of 39 bucks for the set and motorsport charges about 56 for em) then, they outright refused to cover any additional shipping costs when I asked them if they would because it was their mistake and I ended up not being able to have it done in time. Since then, I absolutely refuse to even do business with them. I can get 90% of what they sell elsewhere with less hassle and usually cheaper anyway they're stuff''s ass expensive as buying from the dealer usually (genuine parts at least)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered a replacement anntena mast from them in September. It was back ordered and supposed to be in on the 31 of September. But it wasn't. I emailed them. They said it would be in anytime, this was in November. But here it is, February and no word from those SOB's at all. But its only a $15 part.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Re: Shipping and Motorsport Try All Z East

So far All Z East has been really really good to me I just ordered some parts yesterday and I plain on seeing them next week the owner Joe is really really nice and I don't think they would ever pull that crap that MotorSportAuto pulls

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
> $750 order.......

Is that all? Heck, you got off easy. When I ordered a unisync a while back I ordered a 2bbl size and they send me a 1bbl size and didn't bother to tell me it was the only type they made anymore. funny that it cost the same and a adaptor cost as much as the unit did. I ordered a ITG airfilter, told them I needed to clear my Mikuni airhorns by at least 2. My airhorns are 2.75 so they send a aircleaner that was only 2.5 tall, I would have been hard pressed to make that one fit so that took quite a while to get fixed. I ordered a electric Ig. for a point distributor and they send the type for the newer electronic distributor upgrade. There was one other that I can't remember but I can remember it was a good one like the rest. They screw up more than any place I order from and I have ordered most everything I own except a kid, he came without ordering which was quite a shock... Just kidding..
I have had good luck with Victoria British. Got the right parts and got them fairly quick. I try to order from them first if cost isn't that much higher.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sorry you guys have had so many problems with Motorsport, I have always had pretty good luck with them as far as shipping and in stock stuff goes. I have had problems with their sales people though, have only found 1 or 2 guys that consistantly know what they are talking about. About the same as most people, 75% of people are Bozo's, same at Motorsport, no surprises.

Rock 83ZXT

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: motorsport? what about victoria british

Hey,
I have had great service with Victoria British. Even though i only live about 800 miles from them and i can order stuff from them on Saturaday and it will be here Wednesday. I have spent over 500$ with them and never had a mistake.

Dustin

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
> Yeah they pulled that same bullshit on me
> last summer when I was rebuilding my engine
> on a timetable. They told me they were out
> on some of it, and I specifically told them
> to ship what they had and they ignored me,
> didn't bother to tell me they weren't
> shipping it, then 5 days later when I called
> and asked where my stuff was, they said oh
> we held it till the whole order could be
> shipped. Ended up cancelling the order other
> than ARP con-rod bolts because they were the
> only place I could find that stocked em. I
> was forced to pay for overnight which
> essentially doubled the price of the bolts
> (which incidentally have a suggested retail
> price by ARP of 39 bucks for the set and
> motorsport charges about 56 for em) then,
> they outright refused to cover any
> additional shipping costs when I asked them
> if they would because it was their mistake
> and I ended up not being able to have it
> done in time. Since then, I absolutely
> refuse to even do business with them. I can
> get 90% of what they sell elsewhere with
> less hassle and usually cheaper anyway
> they're stuff''s ass expensive as buying
> from the dealer usually (genuine parts at
> least)
I have been ordering from motorsport for about eight years. I have spent lots of $$ with them, and since I live overseas, reliablilty is important to me. I have never had any major problems with them like some of the ones mentioned above.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My main complaint about Motorsport is that they seem to wait about 2 weeks before they ship, even on credit card orders.
Vic Brit stuff arrives in about 3 days. Go figure.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
> My main complaint about Motorsport is that
> they seem to wait about 2 weeks before they
> ship, even on credit card orders.
> Vic Brit stuff arrives in about 3 days. Go
> figure.

I think it's more random than that. I ordered from VB and didn't get my stuff (A colortune) for about a month. Motorsport had some carb parts to me in a little less than a week though.

-rr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.