ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiping Troubles:(

381 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mike hanson 
#1 ·
Ok everyone I found a real good deal on a roll bar for my car the only problem is that its too big for UPS to ship:( wussies;/ the guy asked some other places and they said it would cost like 200 which is more then the freaking bar costs:( so does anyone know any shipping companies that won't charge so much?
PLease help i'm looking for any idea!:)
tiA
yuichi

#2 ·
RE: Good Ideas....

Hey Yuichi...motor freight cost is all pretty much the same unless you can get a shipper to add to a load coming your way. Other Ideas....Fly there and bring back as excess baggage...or...take a few days vacation and drive there, install it and drive it home :))) Good Luck!

#3 ·
Yuichi, try some of the freight companies like Reddaway and Yellow freight. I have a contract with Reddaway, unfortunately it does not work for third party situations or I'd have everyone shipping stuff. Meaning I can ship only to and from my warehouse.

Try a Mail Boxes ETC type place too. If you go the freight route, make sure it is protected very well. It will change truck many times and they're not careful (i don't mean careless) with stuff. Also make sure to ask them what insurance is included. I know reddaway will include up to $25 per pound.

Good Luck

Randy Best

#4 ·
Get one custom built here

You may want to look at having one custom built locally, it will probably be cheaper. You can also try moving companies and see if they may do something for you. Freight usually goes by a minimum weight and cost a heft amount. By the way, is this a used one somewhere? I am also looking for a 4 or 6 point roll bar, any leads? BTW how is Z coming along?
Later,
Tim Deesen
71' 240ZT

#5 ·
Yuichi, try some of the freight companies like Reddaway and Yellow freight. I have a contract with Reddaway, unfortunately it does not work for third party situations or I'd have everyone shipping stuff. Meaning I can ship only to and from my warehouse.

Try a Mail Boxes ETC type place too. If you go the freight route, make sure it is protected very well. It will change truck many times and they're not careful (i don't mean careless) with stuff. Also make sure to ask them what insurance is included. I know reddaway will include up to $25 per pound.

Good Luck

Randy Best

#6 ·
hey,yuichi guess what,i just happen to work for Airborne Express....I may be able to get you a decent rate as freight and not going on a plane.post me where you are located and i can give you more info,also remeber Airborne is one of the few companies that doesnt zone charge!!!.....P.S. I can give you a pretty accurate rate if you give weight in lbs and the dimensions of the crate....But my main question is...If get you a kick butt rate to ship what can you do for me???That's just the kind of guy i am because I am.....Mac Daddy Slo Mo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.