ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bushing to put in my tranny for the shifter because it has been rattling. I pulled the console out and both rubber boots and now I see the tranny and the internals of the shifter, but there aren't any pins I can see that will allow me to pull my shifter out. Is the tranny on an 83 280zxt different in the procedure to change the shifter bushing? I've got it torn apart right now so any help is appreciated...can't find anything in the archives about my particular problem..thanks guys.

Spork

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, got it in and everything works great. I saw the four bolts but I didn't want to tear it apart and have some chance of it faliing apart into a million pieces and not know how to put it back together again. By the way...mine was completely missing.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
OY! Try this for a T-5!

Not being the bastardization proponent, but try the shifter mechanisim from an 83 to 2000 Ford Mustang with the T-5. Much better. Even better, spent the $200 and get one from Summit racing with all the stops and trick sh*t, really improves the shifting of the T5 in the ZXT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.