ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am not sure how the level ten site is helpful, but.. go to the Z31.com site, and look up under modifications, the transmission section. it will tell you what kind of shifters will work for the three different transmissions.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
shift kits are for automatics. level ten makes shift kits for the Z31 transmission. how is that not helpful?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Oh my gawd, He means shift kit as in shift harder/faster putting less wear on the transmission. I do not know if they sale a valve body for the Z's that would improve the shifts but there is this transmission fluid called {TRICK SHIFT} they sell at autozone that stuff is great as far as getting firmer faster shifts and it is also suppose to protect internals better. It is five dollars a quart.

·
Registered
657 Posts
heres a great shift kit for the z..... its called the 5speed tranny......... get rid of the **** auto cuz if you wanna push it youll have to rebuild it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thats is true go 5 speed if ya wanna race it alot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is an auto and my dad runs a tranny shop so he will rebuild it if i [email protected]*k it up and i have a 5 speed for it just waiting on a cluch kit i was just curious if there was a shift kit for the 3 speed auto tranny

86 300zx turbo no mod's

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
And while you dad's attention, ask him about the differences between a 3 speed auto tranny and a E4N71B.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i asked my dad and he didint think there was one o ya!! and "mister T" the difference is the "E4N71B" tranny is it's a 4 speed i wasint thinking wen i sed 3 speed

86 300zx turbo no mod's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.