ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was figuring CR last night and thought about the shaved head. What is the actual CC for the shaved head? It is NOT what you shaved off times the area of the bore, right?! What was flat on the head is STILL flat, no change in say 30% of the head? I would like to try to make more acurate CR calculations. With this small issue, your CR may be lower than what you think it is. I guess I could always scan the bottom of the head in and measure it, but I do not have a shaved head to play with.
Thanks,
Joshua L.

·
Registered
94 Posts
> I was figuring CR last night and thought
> about the shaved head. What is the actual CC
> for the shaved head? It is NOT what you
> shaved off times the area of the bore,
> right?! What was flat on the head is STILL
> flat, no change in say 30% of the head? I
> would like to try to make more acurate CR
> calculations. With this small issue, your CR
> may be lower than what you think it is. I
> guess I could always scan the bottom of the
> head in and measure it, but I do not have a
> shaved head to play with.
> Thanks,
> Joshua L.

Joshua,

I've never done this, but I read somewhere that you can use an eye dropper or syringe and fill the compression chamber to check volume. That should give you your new number needed to plug into your formula.

One of the sites, IZCC or the Datsun Z Garage, etc. has the formulas.

Hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
625 Posts
Josh, before I shaved my N42 head it had about .050 of deep circular area with no flat spots and was basically the same sze as the stock bore.So ,if have this head and shave it .050 you will reduce the cc approx 7.25 cc's .I know the other heads are shaped differently so this is probably the only head that has this circular area without any flat spot. Later ,norm

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt,
What you are talking about is using a burette or other type of measuring device to measure water that is put into the chamber under a glass plate. I don't know if you can do it with a dropper or not. I just do not have a head to do this on, that is mostly the problem.
Thanks,
Joshua L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.