ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried the Wal-Mart type with the two part syringe and I discovered that when I remove my car cover and the sun shines on the T-tops it softens the two-part epoxy and it falls off.
so today I tried a tube of Contact glue and will see if it works. I am letting it cure overnight at the present time.
What I want to know is, has anyone found a permanent glue that works and is heat resistant?
I saw a post recently that discussed this and there were several suggestions which one was the two part epoxy,no luck with that one, also someone said Rear View mirror glue does not work either,but it seems to work and with stand the heat of the sun thru the windshield on the mirror.
I would appreciate some ideas on heat resistant glues if anyone has tried any.
I am really getting tired of regluing buttons too frequently.
Thanks

Post Edited (Apr 2, 4:39pm)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Best bet would be RTV/silicone caulk. Clean surfaces with laquer thinner first.

Rearview mirror stuff is EXPENSIVE silicone caulk.

Best epoxy to use is the solid putty 2 part type...buy a recognizable brand. The thinner stuff doesn't seem to work so well.

** On the other hand...let's say I glued one on....but can't really remember what I used. Might have been Goop...the rubber cement. Still on there though.......duh? Either RTV or Goop....take a guess?

Post Edited (Apr 3, 7:30pm)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.