ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have your attention - Can anyone out there define the fuel injection ecu attributes and compatability?
> Can you swap all f.i. ecu's - ZX to Z?
>Is an Automatic trans. ecu different than a 4/5 speed?
>Do all years within a model (Z or ZX) use the same ecu?
>Are the problems associated with using a "different" ecu significant?
> Anyone have an ecu part number / year model list?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
ecu's can not be swapped, auto fur auto only, manual only, turbo only, most of the plugs are different you can not swap anyway, ecu's control everything from a.c. to f.i. good luck

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more SEX & FUEL INJECTION ECU'S

I got an ecu out of a manual shift car and it has the same numbers.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You MUST obtain and ecu thats specifically for your make and model....even if you were able to get another one in and powered it wouldn't be able to run your car....Good Luck...I replaced mine (83 280zx) I first ordered one by mail, and got screwed with the wrong one....I finally had to bite the bullet, and order one from Nissan... It was pricey...about 600, but the function is perfect...match those part numbers super careful like

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ecu in my 78 auto is p/n A11-1601-000. I bought one from a guy who was parting out a stick shift car. It had the same numbers and plugs up and works o.k. in my car. I am going to do a 5 speed swap and don't quite understand what (except for the vacuum line to the auto) is different. The motor and fuel injection should not be altered there is no feedback from the transmission to the ecu that I am aware of. This is quite perplexing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.