ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put in a new master cylinder today and my brakes worked great for 50km and then they seized up on me.
got it in the garage
the calipers' cylinder was really stuck on rotor on the left front side and maybe even the right front.(right side was Hot aswell and smelled)
the pedal wouldn't bugde obviously but when i pryed the cylinder off the rotor and reattached everything, i got in the car and the pedal was going full down with no affect on the brakes.
i was doing this with a student "mechanic" and i think he let the pressure off the caliper by loosening the brake line at the bottom of the master cyl.-could this be the problem with my no existent pedal.
or do i have to get new calipers... they were pretty gudged up but i cleaned it and sprayed penetrating oil in it.

thanks....i really want to get this bad-ass bak on the street
, Ryan

· Registered
685 Posts
it sounds like when you installed the new master that the adjustment rod is out to far and is not letting the pressure completely relieve when you take your foot off the peddal . as far as relieving the pressure by removing the line , well you now have air in the line. look in the manual and read about adjusting of the master cylinder, I think thats the main prob . NEVER NEVER spray any oil or anything on the the rotor or into a brake drum period. clean the stuff off the rotor before you drive the car.. Gary Portland Or.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.